GDT: Browns vs. Titans

titans0021

The one thing I noticed about the Ravens is that the are basically 2 D Lineman and a lot of LB's. Which makes the fast, but small.
The Colts were fast, but not as strong.

I need to look at the Browns. Are they big and slower? 

This could determine how we attack them with our run game. Try to get the edges or run it down the middle. 

I feel slowly very slowly the coaches are starting to figure out how to properly use the players they have in D.  It would be nice if we get the production from Crowley that is expected  if he can set his edge and Landry as a blitzed then other edge we can actually start making life difficult for QB. The key is Simmons controlling the middle

i do think fear of giving up big plays has made them be too cautious and no Adoree or Fuller meant a lot of people were out of position

Still with Clev we need Evans to have a better tackling game.  I don’t know who clev has as TE but our CB should have a better time of it this game   Can we continue the improvement of our 3rd down D   

on O we need to continue to work on getting our WR’s and Frisker involved early to not over work Henry.  We might see a few roll outs to prevent Miles from being too disruptive.  Either way we need to stay out of 3rd 10 so we have hope of converting on 3rd.  

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I need to look at the Browns. Are they big and slower?

Nah, not extremely fast but not stout either. We've got decent stats against the run, mostly from early in the year. If you stick with the run, which I'm sure you will it will have success. Our run D is better than our pass D though so it's a win win.

I’m sure Henry will get his but I don’t want to force feed Henry when the Titans should be able to sling it all over the yard Sunday 

Don’t want another game like in 17 when the Browns had all kinds on injuries in the secondary and the Titans insisted on pounding it anyway to kick all FGs

Different coaching staff I know but hope we see a similar gameplan and Tannehill performance that we seen week 2 vs the Jags 

Hope the Titans get a cushion then pound it with Henry

I think that this is Cleveland's first "big boy football" game in a very long time, certainly for this group of players. By that I mean...they're a winning/likely playoff team playing a winning/likely playoff team this late in the season.

We've developed a bit of experience playing in these types of games over the past few years. I think that gives us an advantage. You gotta learn how to win against good teams in December.

that doesn't mean I'm guaranteeing a win...I think this could go either way. But our experience here should help

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think that this is Cleveland's first "big boy football" game in a very long time, certainly for this group of players. By that I mean...they're a winning/likely playoff team playing a winning/likely playoff team this late in the season.

We've developed a bit of experience playing in these types of games over the past few years. I think that gives us an advantage. You gotta learn how to win against good teams in December.

that doesn't mean I'm guaranteeing a win...I think this could go either way. But our experience here should help

I think that is mostly about coaching. Put the team in a position to succeed. Cleveland has had a lot of bad coaches over the years, we'll see if Stefanski can do better with putting the team in a position to compete in a big game.

I think this comes down to red zone effectiveness and turnovers. Neither team turns it over much (Titans at or near the top) and both force quite a bit. Browns have trouble running on goal to go situations, they will have to buck that trend. I think it's anyone's game. Whoever shows up better on the day and has the fewest mistakes.

Edited by Thomas5737

22 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’m hoping we’re learning that rest is more important than three full days of practice. We’ve been truly dominant twice this season, and both times came in weeks with more limited practice time.

Well, hopefully this is what it is otherwise this list is terrifying.