Bucketheadsdad

Who wins on Sunday?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Titans
    • Hornby
    • Jimmy Truckstop, who is happy to have a "home" game
    • Those of us who go to bed early, as it looks like it isn't getting flexed.
  2. 2. Knowing that both clubs rely heavily on the run, and the clock will be RUNNING, when does this game end?

• 2:45
    • 3:19
    • 3:47
    • 4:00
    • Going to OVERTIME!

Myles Garrett is the most important player we have. When he's out you learn quickly that we don't get much pressure with our other DLmen and our secondary isn't able to cover without pressure

I feel like our playoff hopes hinge on him being on the field

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

Myles Garrett is the most important player we have. When he's out you learn quickly that we don't get much pressure with our other DLmen and our secondary isn't able to cover without pressure

I feel like our playoff hopes hinge on him being on the field

Good to see you, Druid!

Yes, Myles is our most important player.  Our defense without him is like the Lions' offense 10 years ago without Calvin Johnson.

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we’ve beat one decent team all season (colts) and got out teeth kicked in by other contenders. The Texans have 4 wins, the Cowboys 3.  They aren’t good.

This team is scrappy and disciplined, but until we start beating playoff teams it’s hard to get too excited.

It’s been fun as hell to watch though.

We've had an easy schedule and we have a lot to prove but... the Titans beat the Broncos by 2, Jags by 3, Viking by 1, Texans by 6, Bears by 7 and lost by 2 scores to the Bengals and Colts. They do have a few good wins, over the Ravens, Bills and Colts but if the narrative was reversed and we lost to the Bengals by 11 and by 17 to the Colts, even if we would have beat the Raiders and one of the Steelers/Ravens in O.T. I think we would still be considered questionable while the titans with the same outcome are considered a top team.

Even by us.

Vs. Common opponents we are 4-2 they are 4-3.

We're basically the same. Yards for, yards against, points against are all pretty tight. They do score 5 more points per game but they haven't dealt with the weather we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

We have Sendejo, I'm more worried about AJ Brown and Corey Davis. Both receivers are legit, Brown is elite. I'm really worried about the play action pass

I guarantee they exclusively PA, but one sneaky thing that Myles has been great on is recognizing pass from play action. He picks up on tendencies from formations and D&D and converts from run to pass rush instantly. If we disrupt the passing game, we'll be in good shape

Also maybe its just me but Daquan Jones and Jeffery Simmons (Who I wished Dorsey drafted) scare the life out of me but their edges are extremely soft IMO

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we’ve beat one decent team all season (colts) and got out teeth kicked in by other contenders. The Texans have 4 wins, the Cowboys 3.  They aren’t good.

This team is scrappy and disciplined, but until we start beating playoff teams it’s hard to get too excited.

It’s been fun as hell to watch though.

The Cowboys were 1-2 with losses to the Rams (3 points) and Seahawks (7 points) and a win against the Falcons. We were the only team to beat them by more than a score until Dak got injured.

Texans had losses to the Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Vikings (ignore that one), Titans and Packers. It isn't great to lose to all of those teams but a lot of teams would struggle with that schedule.

The main point was most thought we would lose both games. They weren't statement games but they can't be considered cupcake games either because we were projected to lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The main point was most thought we would lose both games. They weren't statement games but they can't be considered cupcake games either because we were projected to lose.

I think that’s a fair statement.

Honestly, it doesn’t really matter.  You can only beat who’s on the schedule and we’ve had a very favorable schedule.  This team has done what they needed to do to beat the bad teams, has learned how to win ugly, plays disciplined football and is resilient.  I love what I’m seeing. 

I just think in the end we’re going to have some trouble with the good teams, primarily because of our lack of defensive talent.

• Like 1

IMO I'll believe that this team is capable against beating someone in the playoffs if/when we beat one of Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore...let alone multiple of them. I don't think the defense can sustain what they've been able to do the last several weeks, but credit to the entire defensive staff for getting results out of what's nothing short of an abomination on the EDGE, in the LB corps, and in the secondary, especially without Myles and Ward, let alone Takitaki and Harrison (I won't even count Mr. Glass at the other CB spot or Delpit).

At some point, Baker is going to have to show he can do it against a good defense and under pressure, and we won't be able to continue to road grate teams in the late 3rd to 4th quarter with our rushing attack.

Credit to Stefanski for the playaction game, getting creative with multiple TE sets and creating mismatches with our double TE/heavy personnel, shifting, and motion, but at some point, our lack of outside weapons and inconsistent (albeit vastly improved!) play from Mayfield and our defense rearing it's ugly early season head likely does us in.

When we beat someone great or at least go toe to toe with those good teams consistently, I'll start to believe.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think that’s a fair statement.

Honestly, it doesn’t really matter.  You can only beat who’s on the schedule and we’ve had a very favorable schedule.  This team has done what they needed to do to beat the bad teams, has learned how to win ugly, plays disciplined football and is resilient.  I love what I’m seeing. 

I just think in the end we’re going to have some trouble with the good teams, primarily because of our lack of defensive talent.

Fortunately we have a couple more games that are against weaker teams. Unlike every other year in the last decade plus maybe we win those this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO I'll believe that this team is capable against beating someone in the playoffs if/when we beat one of Tennessee, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore...let alone multiple of them. I don't think the defense can sustain what they've been able to do the last several weeks, but credit to the entire defensive staff for getting results out of what's nothing short of an abomination on the EDGE, in the LB corps, and in the secondary, especially without Myles and Ward, let alone Takitaki and Harrison (I won't even count Mr. Glass at the other CB spot or Delpit).

At some point, Baker is going to have to show he can do it against a good defense and under pressure, and we won't be able to continue to road grate teams in the late 3rd to 4th quarter with our rushing attack.

Credit to Stefanski for the playaction game, getting creative with multiple TE sets and creating mismatches with our double TE/heavy personnel, shifting, and motion, but at some point, our lack of outside weapons and inconsistent (albeit vastly improved!) play from Mayfield and our defense rearing it's ugly early season head likely does us in.

When we beat someone great or at least go toe to toe with those good teams consistently, I'll start to believe.

WFT and Colts are top 5 defenses. WFT is #2 against the pass. Mayfield was productive that game. He struggled in the 2nd half against the Colts, I think he had a bad pick and a I dunno what happened pick in a game we led by multiple scores which almost let them back in the game.

It would be great to beat a good team or good teams so we have some hope going in the playoffs but still that hope is really just winning playoff games until we face the Chiefs. We can't climb that mountain unless Mahommes is out or at least multiple weapons are.

• Like 1