Bucketheadsdad

Who wins on Sunday?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Titans
    • Hornby
    • Jimmy Truckstop, who is happy to have a "home" game
    • Those of us who go to bed early, as it looks like it isn't getting flexed.
  2. 2. Knowing that both clubs rely heavily on the run, and the clock will be RUNNING, when does this game end?

• 2:45
    • 3:19
    • 3:47
    • 4:00
    • Going to OVERTIME!

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Keys to victory:

1. Limit mistakes - Don’t turn the ball over. Don’t commit stupid penalties. Complete the easy plays when they present themselves. I know this is a cliche, but in a big game, every small mistake gets magnified. Good teams punish you for mistakes. Tennessee is a good team.

2. Establish the run - Give Tennessee a dose of their own medicine and make them try and tackle Nick and Kareem in the 4th quarter.

3. Let Myles loose - Hopefully he’s okay physically. We need to move him around and get after Tannehill.

I don’t think Myles is ever not let loose. 

id like to see a lot more play action and bootlegs. 

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Not sure this will happen.

Tannehill gets rid of the ball awfully quickly.

He is in the lower half of the league, only 8 QBs have a higher hold time before pressure/release. He is tied with a bunch on guys. Baker holds it the most time (also leads in air yards per completion, there is a reason). Roethlisberger releases the ball faster than anyone, he also averages the least air yards per completion aside from Alex Smith.

Baker and Tannehill have about the same amount of hurries (28 to 29) but Tannehill has been hit a lot more (40 to 13). Tannehill has only been sacked 15 times though (Baker 17).

Titans have the highest percentage of play action passes in the league. Gonna see a lot of that and that is where Garrett can possibly get to him. I don't think he buys the fakes, or cares much if it is a handoff he likes the sacks.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He is in the lower half of the league, only 8 QBs have a higher hold time before pressure/release. He is tied with a bunch on guys. Baker holds it the most time (also leads in air yards per completion, there is a reason). Roethlisberger releases the ball faster than anyone, he also averages the least air yards per completion aside from Alex Smith.

Baker and Tannehill have about the same amount of hurries (28 to 29) but Tannehill has been hit a lot more (40 to 13). Tannehill has only been sacked 15 times though (Baker 17).

Titans have the highest percentage of play action passes in the league. Gonna see a lot of that and that is where Garrett can possibly get to him. I don't think he buys the fakes, or cares much if it is a handoff he likes the sacks.

Nice about the season stats and all but that's not what the TENN-IND game showed.

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Nice about the season stats and all but that's not what the TENN-IND game showed.

Don't think I saw any of that game.

I have very little faith in our defense other than get a timely turnover and they have the fewest turnovers in the league. I also still don't completely buy in to Tannehill. He has always been solid and has done great in his role with Tennessee but I still don't see him as a difference maker. Against our pass D he may look great though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Don't think I saw any of that game.

I have very little faith in our defense other than get a timely turnover and they have the fewest turnovers in the league. I also still don't completely buy in to Tannehill. He has always been solid and has done great in his role with Tennessee but I still don't see him as a difference maker. Against our pass D he may look great though.

He will carve us up like a Thanksgiving turkey if he throws the quick darts he threw against IND.

Then again, if Mayfield does the same thing instead of trying to hit hero throws he will do the same to them.

Could be an interesting game.

42 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He will carve us up like a Thanksgiving turkey if he throws the quick darts he threw against IND.

Then again, if Mayfield does the same thing instead of trying to hit hero throws he will do the same to them.

Could be an interesting game.

Well we seem to be at our worst defensively guarding the deep middle, or the intermediate middle. We don't have our starting corners, or likely our two best safeties so there probably isn't a wrong way to attack us.

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we seem to be at our worst defensively guarding the deep middle, or the intermediate middle. We don't have our starting corners, or likely our two best safeties so there probably isn't a wrong way to attack us.

I do not watch Browns' games.

I sit in the back yard and listen to Dovovan and Dieken and brave the elements as if I were there.

Nothing pains me more than to listen to calls of an opposing team's QB repeatedly throw and complete passes against us short w/YAC potential, intermediate with chain-moving potential or deep middle for 1st downs or worse.

And, then again, there are long throws targeting anyone Sendejo is covering or supposed to be covering.

• Like 1