2K20: Game #12 - Denver at Kansas City

onejayhawk

12 hours ago, Chiefer said:

We took him over DK Metcalf probably because we thought he could learn the route running nuances. It’s only his second year but it’s an issue for sure. Needs to go to Tyreeks WR training camp in the offseason if he can.

At least Demarcus runs a decent scramble drill

Half the time I feel like Robinson gets open because the DB’s can’t recognize what route he’s running,  nor can Mahomes.  But hey it works,   Hardman just looks robotic in his routes

Pride has an article on the defense. One thing jumps out. 

Sunday’s biggest defensive talking point was the Chiefs’ lack of run defense. Multiple explosive runs kept the Denver offense in the game — and the Chiefs defense on the field. What you may have missed was that almost all of those runs came against the dime defense. In their base 4-3 and Buffalo nickel defenses, the Chiefs allowed just 2.74 yards per carry — and just 1.70 yards per carry base 4-3 alone! That’s well under the season average of 4.7 yards combined and 4.6 yards in base.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/12/8/22159084/week-13-chiefs-defensive-film-review-finishing-the-job-against-denver-nfl

J

51 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Robinson is a much better WR than most fans recognize. He's easily the best blocker we have at the position and he's a good size/speed package. There are teams in the league where he would be the best WR.

J

Oh,  I think we all appreciate him.   He definitely earns his game check just on what he gives the team in blocking and ST's. 

I also think,    he's not where he's suppose to be ALOT in his pass routes.   Whether he doesn't understand the playbook, or just is a little "off" upstairs.   I'll take him every year as the #4 guy.   I wouldn't trust him much as a consistent starter in this offense,   maybe more in a more simple scheme.

9 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Half the time I feel like Robinson gets open because the DB’s can’t recognize what route he’s running,  nor can Mahomes.  But hey it works,   Hardman just looks robotic in his routes

I feel the exact same way😂😂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Pride has an article on the defense. One thing jumps out. 

Sunday’s biggest defensive talking point was the Chiefs’ lack of run defense. Multiple explosive runs kept the Denver offense in the game — and the Chiefs defense on the field. What you may have missed was that almost all of those runs came against the dime defense. In their base 4-3 and Buffalo nickel defenses, the Chiefs allowed just 2.74 yards per carry — and just 1.70 yards per carry base 4-3 alone! That’s well under the season average of 4.7 yards combined and 4.6 yards in base.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/12/8/22159084/week-13-chiefs-defensive-film-review-finishing-the-job-against-denver-nfl

J

They talked about how Sneed taking over the nickel has really helped the overall defense. Puts Honey Badger back in that Safety/Robber role, gets Thornhill out who’s been a detriment since coming back from injury. Sneed has done well against the run and defending the pass. 

40 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Puts Honey Badger back in that Safety/Robber role, gets Thornhill out who’s been a detriment since coming back from injury.

Let's face it. Thornhill was rushed in his rehab. He's not 100% and likely won't be till next season. You can't rush knee injuries, ideally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Sucks to say but yeah he needs to get more confidence back in it. 

Thornhill is not the same physically. This type of injury is just enough to throw you off without having to completely retool your game. The good news is that he should be good as new in August. 

J

Hello all, me again.

Just a quick note to say I am still doing an all-22 breakdown of our (Bronco) games in our forum, like I did for our 1st game. Feel free to drop by, as there are plenty of notes re: the Chiefs.

I have been through the first half so far. Initial thoughts - the QB is pretty good. He's got a chance.

• Like 3