Jump to content

Week 13: Cincinnati Bengals (2-8-1) @ Miami Dolphins (7-4)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Also I'm not sure what the NFLs policy on this is but really hoping Xavien and Devante aren't looking at additional punishment from the league. Losing them next week due to an additional suspension would be devastating

Howard was more egregious than Parker imo. And X didn't really even throw a punch. It was more of a shove to the facemask. I think we have all seen much worse get let go. It was stupid, but X nor Boyd deserve additional punishment. 

Parker and Hollins were in response to a second bush league hit on his teammate. If anyone deserves additional sanctions from the NFL, it's Cincy's Mike Thomas. It was obvious that he was trying to take Grant's head off. He wasn't playing the ball. The second one was not even close. It was a very blatant dirty play. Our team responded. 

Think back to when Kiko Alonso decapitated Joe Flacco a few years ago. Players retaliated taking shots at Alonso's head after the play. None of them got punished. I know our response was different in that our bench cleared and Flores even stormed across the field, but I don't see this as being much different. 

I don't think the league needs to hand down additional punishment to either Hollins or Parker given the context. I will say that if they get suspended and nothing happens to Mike Thomas, then that's not just. Mike Thomas' actions are by far and away the most egregious of anyone including every player that got ejected today on either team. 

Edited by JourneymanQB13
Spelling 🤦‍♂️
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the response from the team after the second dirty hit on Grant and more specifically the reaction from Flores. If there were any questions as to why the players have bought in to what Flores is selling, there's your example today. He says he has his players' back and he means it. And the players have his back in return. That's how you build mutual respect and trust. I shudder to think what our response (or lack thereof) would've been if this was still a Gase or Philbin coached team.

There were multiple dirty plays by Bengals players today. Headshots, stepping on other players' legs, etc. Guess that's all they have to look forward to on Sundays.

On to the Chiefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua looked pretty good that deep ball to Grant down the middle was spot on. Announcers keep making a thing out of Tua hasn’t thrown an int, he has thrown plenty of potential ones though that have been dropped. I see big things for Gisecki going forward. On the other hand the 3rd down efficiency is extremely concerning and the how bout some RBs that hold onto the ball.

 I am definitely interested in the test our defense has next week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Loved the response from the team after the second dirty hit on Grant and more specifically the reaction from Flores. If there were any questions as to why the players have bought in to what Flores is selling, there's your example today. He says he has his players' back and he means it. And the players have his back in return. That's how you build mutual respect and trust. I shudder to think what our response (or lack thereof) would've been if this was still a Gase or Philbin coached team.

There were multiple dirty plays by Bengals players today. Headshots, stepping on other players' legs, etc. Guess that's all they have to look forward to on Sundays.

On to the Chiefs.

 

3 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Tua looked pretty good that deep ball to Grant down the middle was spot on. Announcers keep making a thing out of Tua hasn’t thrown an int, he has thrown plenty of potential ones though that have been dropped. I see big things for Gisecki going forward. On the other hand the 3rd down efficiency is extremely concerning and the how bout some RBs that hold onto the ball.

 I am definitely interested in the test our defense has next week. 

The way the Chiefs look tonight I'm terrified.

Andy Reid is amazing at rebound games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Phinsesq said:

Tua looked pretty good that deep ball to Grant down the middle was spot on.

That was just a glimpse at what this offense will be once they add some legit deep threats.  Perfectly placed ball with the runner in stride 40 yards downfield.  And Grant continues to demonstrate why he isn't a starting WR in this league.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

 

The way the Chiefs look tonight I'm terrified.

Andy Reid is amazing at rebound games.

If they would have lost, I'm with you.  I realize we should have been rooting against the Chiefs for draft pick purposes, but I wanted nothing to do with the Chiefs the week following a home loss to the Broncos.  I think we lose anyway, but it would have been a bloodbath.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

That was just a glimpse at what this offense will be once they add some legit deep threats.  Perfectly placed ball with the runner in stride 40 yards downfield.  And Grant continues to demonstrate why he isn't a starting WR in this league.

I'd love to sign a top WR in FA and draft another one with our top pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

 

The way the Chiefs look tonight I'm terrified.

Andy Reid is amazing at rebound games.

I’m not expecting to win (Would love to) but rather I want to see if we are competitive basically what you saw last night with Denver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

That was just a glimpse at what this offense will be once they add some legit deep threats.  Perfectly placed ball with the runner in stride 40 yards downfield.  And Grant continues to demonstrate why he isn't a starting WR in this league.

If they would have lost, I'm with you.  I realize we should have been rooting against the Chiefs for draft pick purposes, but I wanted nothing to do with the Chiefs the week following a home loss to the Broncos.  I think we lose anyway, but it would have been a bloodbath.

He is basically Tyreek Hill without the hands. I’m hoping for a top wr and a rb  (who can hold onto the ball) in the draft 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...