TABT

CBears019

I haven't discussed this with anyone outside my close circle and some family that have called me.  But this has possibly been the hardest week of my life and definitely of my military career.  Last Monday July 10th the Marine KC-130 air craft that crashed was from my old squadron that I just left, I knew everyone of the flight crew very close, the hardest part is that it doesn't seem like it's real because I'm not part of that squadron anymore even though I have/still talk to all them all the time.  I is hard everytime I close my eyes I start thinking about all the times I spent with them.  Weird thing is this is even harder than when my mom passed away, I guess it is because I had five years to prepare for her death and not an instant like this.  Well that's the end of my babbling, on to the next person.

20 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I haven't discussed this with anyone outside my close circle and some family that have called me.  But this has possibly been the hardest week of my life and definitely of my military career.  Last Monday July 10th the Marine KC-130 air craft that crashed was from my old squadron that I just left, I knew everyone of the flight crew very close, the hardest part is that it doesn't seem like it's real because I'm not part of that squadron anymore even though I have/still talk to all them all the time.  I is hard everytime I close my eyes I start thinking about all the times I spent with them.  Weird thing is this is even harder than when my mom passed away, I guess it is because I had five years to prepare for her death and not an instant like this.  Well that's the end of my babbling, on to the next person.

Damn dude, I'm sorry to hear you're going through all that.  I didn't know that you're a Marine.  This can't be said enough, but thanks for all you do for this country.

This thread should still belong to me cbears. Posting it like it was your own new idea :eye roll:

its gonna take a while to get used to the forum being like this but it's a great step in the right direction 

On 7/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, blkwdw13 said:

Wow man I'm sorry to hear that. Many bears posters, me included, are here to talk if you need to, bud. 

On 7/17/2017 at 8:00 PM, blkwdw13 said:

Thank you VERY much for your service, sir. It's heartbreaking hearing about your friends. We need more people in the world like you and your friends. 

• 2 weeks later...

What do people think about cutler making a comeback to the league with the dolphins?

Personally, I REALLY want to see him succeed.  But it will be entertaining nonetheless watching him.  On the other hand, I was also really excited to hear him call games.  He's got a dry, but witty sense of humor that I think would go over real well during broadcasts.  Guess Ill have to wait another year to hear that.

35 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

What do people think about cutler making a comeback to the league with the dolphins?

Personally, I REALLY want to see him succeed.  But it will be entertaining nonetheless watching him.  On the other hand, I was also really excited to hear him call games.  He's got a dry, but witty sense of humor that I think would go over real well during broadcasts.  Guess Ill have to wait another year to hear that.

I'm more intrigued by how the national narrative seems to have shifted on him now that he's not here in Chicago. The whole bad teammate thing was a 10 year old lazy narrative going back to when he was a 22 year old rookie. Be nice to see that BS fall to the way side and let him be evaluated for what he is as a player first, and not what people perceive him to be as a person. 

17 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I would like to see Jay doing well...I never had anything against the guy...that said I don't see how being on the Dolphins will make any difference...I still think we will see a guy who makes throws that no other QB can make then see him throw up an easy one for an INT...he is just that inconsistent.

Ive always been a jay fan and will continue to be.  I find it so interesting that now that some of these guys have retired we are hearing some really interesting things about him.  Like his teammates in the 2010 nfccg saying they couldnt believe he even tried to get back on the field after tearing his mcl in the first half.  Or how football smart he is.  Im following the dolphins this year after the bears