TABT

CBears019

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Mahomes looks good today so far but man these receivers all have like 3 yards of separation. Hasn’t had to make a contested throw yet. 

It's been shockingly easy for the Mahomes today...makes you wonder just how big a hand Nagy had in his development and what Tru could do in year two of this offence.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have Mahomes envy.

Windy I have no idea what kind of arm you have but I’m confident that you or I could both throw into some of those windows Mahomes had today. They had guys all day who were Alabama vs. Citadel levels of open. I say that not to take anything away from Mahomes. He’s looked really good. But that Steeler defense was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. 

Also, is everyone off the Watson train now after 2 average games? People have been on his nuts for a full calendar year. That that has completely disappeared right now says a lot about the value in these snap judgments doesn’t it? If Mitch throws for 275 and 2 scores in a 30-10 win tomorrow is everything magically gonna be ok long term too? 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Also, is everyone off the Watson train now after 2 average games? People have been on his nuts for a full calendar year. That that has completely disappeared right now says a lot about the value in these snap judgments doesn’t it? If Mitch throws for 275 and 2 scores in a 30-10 win tomorrow is everything magically gonna be ok long term too? 

I was never on the Watson train. I co-driving the Mahomes train since he was playing at Texas Tech though. lol

In all reality unless Tru plays HOF ball for a few years the majority of Bears fans will always have the "grass is greener" approach. His bad games will be where they call him a bust, his great games they will claim to have always been staunch supporters. He will be lauded and demonized at the drop of a hat.

It would be a nice break from the depressing approach some are taking though.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was never on the Watson train. I co-driving the Mahomes train since he was playing at Texas Tech though. lol

In all reality unless Tru plays HOF ball for a few years the majority of Bears fans will always have the "grass is greener" approach. His bad games will be where they call him a bust, his great games they will claim to have always been staunch supporters. He will be lauded and demonized at the drop of a hat.

It would be a nice break from the depressing approach some are taking though.

People should be clear and open about their expectations then. We all WANT Mitch to be transcendently great, but to expect that as it seems many do is just not realistic. If 10 years from now he compares favorably to the KC version of Alex Smith then that’s a good return IMO. I want more of course, but an above average and occasionally great starter for a long time at the QB position is something most NFL teams don’t get. Expecting him to be a HOF player because of his draft status would be setting ones self up for disappointment, especially this early on, but it seems that’s where a lot of people are. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

People should be clear and open about their expectations then. We all WANT Mitch to be transcendently great, but to expect that as it seems many do is just not realistic. If 10 years from now he compares favorably to the KC version of Alex Smith then that’s a good return IMO. I want more of course, but an above average and occasionally great starter for a long time at the QB position is something most NFL teams don’t get. Expecting him to be a HOF player because of his draft status would be setting ones self up for disappointment, especially this early on, but it seems that’s where a lot of people are. 

I agree, and I do want to be clear I am not with the majority I mentioned. I'm still very high on him, and I think the KC-version of Smith is an apt comparison. I don't expect Rodgers, but expect more than Dalton or Flacco. Just getting Nagy isn't going to make that a sudden happenstance, and people need to understand that.

I don't think we know what we have in him yet. The one thing I do LOVE about him is his refusal to throw ints. This is really going to translate well for us going forward. I really hope he can understand when it's appropriate to take a risk and when it's not. I'm excited to see what the kid is going to do tonight against the Seahawks.

15 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Seahawks and Cardinals both offer Mitch some softer defenses. I feel GB's defense is actually better than people want to give it credit. Pettine certainly made the right adjustments last week, although I don't know if he was counting on the Bears making zero changes of their own!

Agreed...I think against a Seahawks D without Wagner or Wright we have to be aggressive and attack the mid range middle of the field...Thomas will take away the deep routes but we have to get Burton more involved over the middle...Trubisky seemed to have a real connection with him and if we can attack the middle of the field it shrinks everything for when we attack horizontally in the run game with Cohen.

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Windy I have no idea what kind of arm you have but I’m confident that you or I could both throw into some of those windows Mahomes had today. They had guys all day who were Alabama vs. Citadel levels of open. I say that not to take anything away from Mahomes. He’s looked really good. But that Steeler defense was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. 

After shoulder surgery I have a noodle.

I understand that we can put qualifiers on Mahomes, he threw 2 shovel pass TDs vs Chargers, but at some point our boy needs to chuck some TDs. He missed 2 easy ones against the Packers and that would sure make his numbers feel better.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

After shoulder surgery I have a noodle.

I understand that we can put qualifiers on Mahomes, he threw 2 shovel pass TDs vs Chargers, but at some point our boy needs to chuck some TDs. He missed 2 easy ones against the Packers and that would sure make his numbers feel better.

Yep throw 2 TDs against the hawks and we can see some progress. I think every fan just wants to see progress.