TABT

CBears019

San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters the team will visit with free agent signal callers Tom Savage, Kellen Clemens and T. J. Yates on Tuesday. The 49ers have also reached out to Matt Moore.

Not going to lie, I would definitely be interested in reaching out to let them know Daniels would be available for the right price. That list straight blows.

I'd then go get Moore or Sanchez as the vet  who doesn't play.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Not going to lie, I would definitely be interested in reaching out to let them know Daniels would be available for the right price. That list straight blows.

I'd then go get Moore or Sanchez as the vet  who doesn't play.

I get the thought process but I would be leery trading Daniel. Plus I dont think the trade would net enough draft stock to warrant its consideration.

11 hours ago, dafreak said:

I get the thought process but I would be leery trading Daniel. Plus I dont think the trade would net enough draft stock to warrant its consideration.

True, it would be banking on the OL and Mitch staying healthy. IDK how well Daniels has the system down, Bray is the one I know has the system down really well. Daniels has more value to me as a veteran presence than a player.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:46 AM, WindyCity said:

Bears have 14 sacks and 0 roughing the passer penalties

In fairness about 60% or more of roughing passer penalties have been bogus.  I haven't seen all of them.  

Idea was to eliminate Siragusa style 350 lb. guys flopping on QB after tackle.  A legit idea.  They did it on purpose and it was legal.  Buddy Ryan started it in Philly.  Ravens did it big time too.  It was in the coaching and many did it.  It was, "Always end your body weight on QB.  It's like body punches in a boxing match and has a cumulative effect."   And it's true.  I coached that as well.  

But stupid refs are like the rule reads if you tackle with weight on QB its a penalty.  That's asinine.  All tackles carry your body weight and end with some weight on QB.  They weigh 230+ lbs and are moving!

They should call the intent of the rule not the letter.  It's easy.   Pick him up and slam him down = penalty.  Hit and raise your butt to add weight to end of hit = penalty.  Flop your big stomach onto QB at end of tackle rather than rolling to side = penalty.

Normal form hard tackle = not penalty part of game.  

I don't understand how they can mess this up so badly.  It's not hard to execute the concept.   It has changed outcomes of several games.

Bears are doing well because they are going for strips rather than crushing hits. Smart.  

A catch is a catch and a flop or slam is a flop or slam.  It's not that hard to tell for pete's sake.  I don't get how they defend horrible calls after slo mo review.  

Crazy.  

My kids won again today, might be the last game of the regular season since our opponent next week is ducking us. Still have a tourney in 2 weeks and then might be able to get us in a 3rd grade jamboree the following week. Coach we faced today was awesome, we exchanged numbers and emails to talk about football, and drills that we do. Kids are undefeated still.

Any ideas for a team party or anything? They've really busted their butts so I want to show some recognition. Getting medals for everyone and looking at trophies/plaques.

Here's what I have for trophies (should I give them the college equivalent's name? or maybe an all-time great at the position in the NFL? Current great at the spot since they're young?)

(College Title - Past Great - Current Great)

OPOY ( Heisman or Jerry Rice or Tom Brady )
DPOY (Chuck Bednarik or Ray Lewis or JJ Watt)
Best OL (Outland or Orlando Pace or Travis Frederick)

Best DL ( Bronko Nagurski or Reggie White or Khalil Mack)

Best LB ( **** Butkus or Luke Keuchely)

Best DB ( Jim Thorpe or Sean Taylor or Jalen Ramsey)

Rookie of the Year (we have 8-9 guys who are playing for the first year) or "The Natural"

Any ideas guys? I was going to get these trophies for the best players but everyone gets a medal.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Oh I am temped  lol

I have no clue as how much interest your kids have in the games' history. For a typical group, i'd either keep things simple, or go with popular current players. Of course, you could always go with a locally branded parody of a real trophy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I have no clue as how much interest your kids have in the games' history. For a typical group, i'd either keep things simple, or go with popular current players. Of course, you could always go with a locally branded parody of a real trophy. 

Yeah, I was thinking maybe they would get into watching college as teens then see the trophy and it would click or they might be playing Madden MUT and see their trophy guy's name. I think current names of players might be the way to go.