TABT

CBears019

Just now, Tyty said:

Whoa whoa whoa Jesus Christ lets watch the hostility 

If I could draw on here I would make a cartoon under this caption of you pulling up to a sudden stop on a horse and then asking our Lord and Savior to go watch a fight. 

• Like 1

I love that I am still making money from my computer and mostly commenting on Bears all day.

I could be making more if I concentrated and did more work, but man I love my job sometimes.

Work used to be such a grind. 

Thank you God.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 10:04 AM, dll2000 said:

I love that I am still making money from my computer and mostly commenting on Bears all day.

I could be making more if I concentrated and did more work, but man I love my job sometimes.

Work used to be such a grind. 

Thank you God.

Slide me your secret bro.  I'm not making enough that way......but I am enjoying myself. xD

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Same people who would nominate Potsy for a Nobel Peace Prize and other humanitarian awards no doubt. 9_9

To me this is one of those "how'd you figure this" awards.

If we break it down correctly we got a guy who was a top 5 pick and is a 3x All Pro for a 24th 1st round pick, a 3rd and toss in 6th in 2019.

Then in 2020 Oakland gets another late 1st but we get their 2nd so it's more of swap of 10-20 spots and possibly a 5th which cancels out the 2019 6th.

So a 1st, a 3rd, a swap of a lower 1st for a high 2nd and the rest is like tossing in a couple of free oil changes when you buy a $500 set of tires.

I'll take that deal because we got a once in a decade HOF level player and what Oakland got was possibilities.  And they can hardly use Wentz and Watson as suggested as examples of players we may have given up with two late 1st round pick when Wentz went #2 overall and Watson #12.  Our picks won't give Oakland a shot at players like that unless they use them to trade up and this year they're already at #4, but trade 'em if you like.

I realize is a Bay Area publication but I'll take our potential for a Lombardi Trophy with Mack over their "Feel Good Analytics Award" and some picks.

36 minutes ago, soulman said:

Same people who would nominate Potsy for a Nobel Peace Prize and other humanitarian awards no doubt. 9_9

To me this is one of those "how'd you figure this" awards.

If we break it down correctly we got a guy who was a top 5 pick and is a 3x All Pro for a 24th 1st round pick, a 3rd and toss in 6th in 2019.

Then in 2020 Oakland gets another late 1st but we get their 2nd so it's more of swap of 10-20 spots and possibly a 5th which cancels out the 2019 6th.

So a 1st, a 3rd, a swap of a lower 1st for a high 2nd and the rest is like tossing in a couple of free oil changes when you buy a $500 set of tires.

I'll take that deal because we got a once in a decade HOF level player and what Oakland got was possibilities.  And they can hardly use Wentz and Watson as suggested as examples of players we may have given up with two late 1st round pick when Wentz went #2 overall and Watson #12.  Our picks won't give Oakland a shot at players like that unless they use them to trade up and this year they're already at #4, but trade 'em if you like.

I realize is a Bay Area publication but I'll take our potential for a Lombardi Trophy with Mack over their "Feel Good Analytics Award" and some picks.

Boy when you add it up over and over again we fleeced them with the throw in of the 2020 2nd. We just need to win 1 or 2 rings with Mack making All Pro another 3-4 times. Then it will to down as one of the most lopsided trades of all time.

Edited by malagabears
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Boy when you and it up over and over again we fleeced them with the throw in of the 2020 2nd. We just need to win 1 or 2 rings with Mack making All Pro another 3-4 times. Then it will to down as one of the most lopsided tardes of all time.

@soulman

It was actually a good deal for both teams as much as we want to pick a winner and a loser.  Raiders didn't feel like they could pay him and have a good team.  They already had him and didn't have a good team after all. 

So they traded him to highest bidder and got a haul.  Depending on who they draft or sign with money saved and how they actually play it may or may not work out for them.  

Unless he gets horribly injured or commits a bad crime in next season or two its already worked out for us. 

• Like 1

I uploaded my first podcast yesterday.  Its a succinct 16 minutes on Bears FA.

Felt like I talked a lot longer, it took me like 4-5 hours to do in total.  Probably because I had to edit out all the extra noises and a few parts where I said 'um" too much like a doofus.   Plus, the real time was it took me forever to learn the 3 - 4 different software programs I was using to make it happen and other technical difficulties.

I am older and not up to date on computers like I used to be - in the 90s.  LOL.  

Hopefully going forward it is much easier.  

Waiting for iTunes to approve it.  I'll post it when they do.  Assuming they do.  They may not I guess.  I don't know why they wouldn't 

If any of you have Skype and it comes on virtually every computer now and can be used with Macs too you can join me for a recording and we can chat.

PM me if you are interested.  It doesn't have to be a commitment or regular.  

I need Skype name and a phone number would be helpful so I can text and say I am recording later that day or give a time.

Goal right now is do one a week at least and two during season.  One for Monday after the game and one as a game preview on Wednesday.  I'd like to represent a lot of thoughts people express here which I am often very impressed with.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, malagabears said:

Boy when you add it up over and over again we fleeced them with the throw in of the 2020 2nd. We just need to win 1 or 2 rings with Mack making All Pro another 3-4 times. Then it will to down as one of the most lopsided trades of all time.

I dunno how Pace managed to wrangle that 2020 2nd from Gruden but it makes what we're missing out on this year far less meaningful and besides with what we're paying Mack I'd rather have two 2nds in 2020 and no 1st in 2019 or 2020.  We couldn't afford them anyway.

Ancient history now but this is like a deja vu of when GB signed Reggie White in Brett Favre's second season (1993) and that led to six straight years of playoff appearances and a SB win in 1996.  GB went 9-7 and 8-8 in the two seasons after White retired missing the playoffs.

So how long is Mack signed for?  Six years.  And did we go to the playoffs in his first year here and Mitch's second?  Yup  How very interesting.

Now maybe just maybe Packer fans can suck it for the next five years or so while we get another Lombardi Trophy or two.  xD

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

@soulman

It was actually a good deal for both teams as much as we want to pick a winner and a loser.  Raiders didn't feel like they could pay him and have a good team.  They already had him and didn't have a good team after all. 

So they traded him to highest bidder and got a haul.  Depending on who they draft or sign with money saved and how they actually play it may or may not work out for them.  

Unless he gets horribly injured or commits a bad crime in next season or two its already worked out for us. 

Agreed.  While the front end of the deal looks much better for us who knows how it will be viewed 2-3 years down the road from now when Oakland and everyone else can evaluate the players drafted with those picks.

Then that will be compared to whether or not Mack is enough of a boost to get us into and win a SB.  Gonna be fun again to watch it all unfold and see if this truly is the beginning of a string of successes we missed out on in the '80s and again in the Lovie era.

Edited by soulman

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I uploaded my first podcast yesterday.  Its a succinct 16 minutes on Bears FA.

Felt like I talked a lot longer, it took me like 4-5 hours to do in total.  Probably because I had to edit out all the extra noises and a few parts where I said 'um" too much like a doofus.   Plus, the real time was it took me forever to learn the 3 - 4 different software programs I was using to make it happen and other technical difficulties.

I am older and not up to date on computers like I used to be - in the 90s.  LOL.  

Hopefully going forward it is much easier.  

Waiting for iTunes to approve it.  I'll post it when they do.  Assuming they do.  They may not I guess.  I don't know why they wouldn't 

If any of you have Skype and it comes on virtually every computer now and can be used with Macs too you can join me for a recording and we can chat.

PM me if you are interested.  It doesn't have to be a commitment or regular.  

I need Skype name and a phone number would be helpful so I can text and say I am recording later that day or give a time.

Goal right now is do one a week at least and two during season.  One for Monday after the game and one as a game preview on Wednesday.  I'd like to represent a lot of thoughts people express here which I am often very impressed with.

As discussed, I would love to join in just as soon as I get my Skype activated.

Like you I'm a bit behind the curve with some of the newer technology and features.  Hell, my kids laugh at me because this is my cell phone.  LOL

Kyocera+Coast+CDMA+Flip+Phone+(BoostMobi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

As discussed, I would love to join in just as soon as I get my Skype activated.

Like you I'm a bit behind the curve with some of the newer technology and features.  Hell, my kids laugh at me because this is my cell phone.  LOL

Kyocera+Coast+CDMA+Flip+Phone+(BoostMobi

The children are right to laugh at you Ralph.