TABT

CBears019

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

Was Bears vs Brown's pretty much Fight Club? Not allowed to talk about it? Not even a GDT? :lol:

Since there's no other threads to talk about it:

We lost this preseason game badly....

I don't mean the score, because no one cares about the score of a 4th preseason game..... I mean the entire point of the 4th preseason game being around evaluating talent.....

Our RB roster is pretty locked in, if we keep 4, it's Langford.... So why the hell are we running the ball so damn much... (Trubisky's first 9 plays where handoffs resulting in 3x 3and outs)

Our WR roster on the other hand, is up in the air with a bunch of question marks, so let's avoid passing to any of those guys.

What in the actual hell was the point of any of it..... Just a dreadful and painful game to watch.

My game takeaways are as follows:

1. We have no means to evaluate the WRs other than to say that Cruz getting injured didn't help his already slim chance of making the roster. I never heard Gentry's name and I guess it was said elsewhere that he didn't play, so I guess he's a roster lock.

2. We definitely certainly are positive that Josh Rounds isn't on the team ASAP, so I'm glad we ran him 20x tonight

3. The offensive line was getting shredded in the run game.... Not at all a good look considering I expect at least 2-3 of them to be on the roster.

4. Shaheen right now looks like he needs to be one of the weekly inactives. He's nowhere near where he needs to be, or where his draft status put him....

5. Our backup secondary is frightening... Browns where picking them apart, despite moderate--good pressure up front.

6. Lamar Houston proved why he's a big part of our OLB depth... wait JK , injured with a knee injury..... So glad he played the whole game for no damn reason.

7. Irving kid flashed a bit, but I think the expectation was that he could be stashed on PS

8. Coward probably showed enough to stick on the PS as a NT/DE

9. I begrudgingly think the team finds a way to keep Timu...

10. We're going to have to hit the waiver wire very hard this weekend....Corner, WR, and OL depth are all large issues..... and now if Houston is out, and with McPhee's status being consistently questionable, maybe OLB too.

5 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Baker Mayfield planting the OU flag at the Ohio State 50 yard line was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in professional sports. I don't care if it was classless, because it was also hilarious.

Omg that is great! Didn't see that until just now.

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Omg that is great! Didn't see that until just now.

Twitter blew up afterwards. People were talking about this taking him out of Heisman contention.

Mayfield already feels slighted by how the Playoff Selection Committee treated OU last season. I doubt he cares about winning the Heisman.