TABT

CBears019

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I've heard rumblings that Eli Apple is a huge piece of excrement.

There was a piece in a NJ paper earlier this week about how his family life is falling apart and that from a maturity standpoint it has translated far too much to the football side of things and who’s making a lot of poor decisions right now in all regards. The article makes it sound like he’s burning bridges with all his family but his mom and that she’s basically a Kris Jenner type. He might be a total POS but he might also be a 22 year old kid under a ton of pressure from all sides in need of some genuine support too, and our locker room at present seems to have a lot more of those than the one in NY. 

He’s clearly a talented kid. I’d take a flyer on him for a late rounder. NYG owes him all signing bonus parts of his contract so financial cost to us after a trade in 2018 and 2019 would be $1.8M and $2.5M, respectfully, with us getting his 5th year option too should we choose to exercise it. That’s all guaranteed, but there’s a ton of upside in the player there if he can get his head right. One would think Pace already vetted him out pretty well last year during the draft process as he was also a need position player taken very near where we selected Floyd. It’s a calculated risk but the potential payoff is immense. That $4M is almost surely less than it’d cost us to keep the turnover-phobic Prince Amukamara around for just 2018. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Eli needs to learn this is a fight he can't win because Landon is the best SS in football.

True, but Collins needs to learn how to be a leader. With him being under Saban's eye for so long, I would have thought he could handle his responses better.

19 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

There was a piece in a NJ paper earlier this week about how his family life is falling apart and that from a maturity standpoint it has translated far too much to the football side of things and who’s making a lot of poor decisions right now in all regards. The article makes it sound like he’s burning bridges with all his family but his mom and that she’s basically a Kris Jenner type. He might be a total POS but he might also be a 22 year old kid under a ton of pressure from all sides in need of some genuine support too, and our locker room at present seems to have a lot more of those than the one in NY. 

He’s clearly a talented kid. I’d take a flyer on him for a late rounder. NYG owes him all signing bonus parts of his contract so financial cost to us after a trade in 2018 and 2019 would be $1.8M and $2.5M, respectfully, with us getting his 5th year option too should we choose to exercise it. That’s all guaranteed, but there’s a ton of upside in the player there if he can get his head right. One would think Pace already vetted him out pretty well last year during the draft process as he was also a need position player taken very near where we selected Floyd. It’s a calculated risk but the potential payoff is immense. That $4M is almost surely less than it’d cost us to keep the turnover-phobic Prince Amukamara around for just 2018. 

I would do the late round pick. If so, maybe I keep Demps and have him really prove he can be a leader in the sense that Sanchez is being for Trubisky. I'd gladly hold that contract to get the talent that he has. I'd see if Fuller could help after he gets franchised. Let him prove he is more than just a CB, that he can be the leader in the defensive backfield that he got to be around with Peanut.

The Bears locker room under Lovie was as solid as could be, and there were strong personalities and drama but Urlacher, Tillman, etc squashed it and looked out for each other (other than Kreutz breaking Millers jaw, but still). Even with the mess that was Grossman the team never threw him under the bus, supported him 100 percent. That is the kind of backing Apple may need to break out of the rut. If it doesn't work, a 5th or 6th round pick to the trash never will cripple the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/official-to-bills-i-dont-know-why-kelvin-benjamin-td-was-overturned/

Here we go again. Stuff like this is ruining the league. We have guys like Blandino and Pereira saying they’re confused by what Riveron is doing, and now we have officials on the field telling players and coaches the same thing.

I’d still like to see a single frame of video of Zach Miller’s TD catch with the ball touching the ground, since Riveron released a clip explaining his call that featured zero evidence to prove it.

38 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/official-to-bills-i-dont-know-why-kelvin-benjamin-td-was-overturned/

Here we go again. Stuff like this is ruining the league. We have guys like Blandino and Pereira saying they’re confused by what Riveron is doing, and now we have officials on the field telling players and coaches the same thing.

I’d still like to see a single frame of video of Zach Miller’s TD catch with the ball touching the ground, since Riveron released a clip explaining his call that featured zero evidence to prove it.

Riveron is a piece of ****. He made a BS video, and darkened it so it was hard for the viewers to see, on Miller's TD and said that the ball was on the ground. Blatant, double-down liar.

Benjamin's was a TD as well.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Riveron is a piece of ****. He made a BS video, and darkened it so it was hard for the viewers to see, on Miller's TD and said that the ball was on the ground. Blatant, double-down liar.

Benjamin's was a TD as well.

The NFL really needs to get on this. With ratings already down, this kind of thing happening in a postseason game would be catastrophic.