TABT

CBears019

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

My super power is that I'm able to completely forget Rex Grossman, it's wonderful, where you guys remember how he threw or what errors he made, I just have a foggy blur.  But.... Wasnt Kyle Orton pretty good?

LOL  Kyle was OK until you asked him to complete a pass of more than 10-12 yards.  Then it got dicey and he couldn't even beat a college QB with his long ball.

When he first came to Denver and began doing well all my Bronco Buddies were laughing their ***** off about how McDaniels had screwed us in the Cutler trade.

I said just wait 'til the AFC West learns he has no deep ball accuracy at all and can't throw a 15 yard out on a rope to save his *** and they sit on his short throws.

That'll be it for Kyle and it was.  LOL

37 minutes ago, soulman said:

LOL  Kyle was OK until you asked him to complete a pass of more than 10-12 yards.  Then it got dicey and he couldn't even beat a college QB with his long ball.

When he first came to Denver and began doing well all my Bronco Buddies were laughing their ***** off about how McDaniels had screwed us in the Cutler trade.

I said just wait 'til the AFC West learns he has no deep ball accuracy at all and can't throw a 15 yard out on a rope to save his *** and they sit on his short throws.

That'll be it for Kyle and it was.  LOL

I'm not sure anyone will agree but I just always viewed Orton as a throw in or a low level sweetener to finish the parameters of the deal.

15 minutes ago, malagabears said:

I'm not sure anyone will agree but I just always viewed Orton as a throw in or a low level sweetener to finish the parameters of the deal.

No, just the opposite.  McDaniels insisted Orton be included in the deal.  That was the scuttlebutt here.

IIRC someone else was in the mix who also had a QB to deal but McDaniels wanted Orton.  Be careful what you wish for.  LOL

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

My super power is that I'm able to completely forget Rex Grossman, it's wonderful, where you guys remember how he threw or what errors he made, I just have a foggy blur.  But.... Wasnt Kyle Orton pretty good?

If forgetting things is a super power I am superman.  

4 hours ago, soulman said:

Rex was the epitome of inconsistency. He'd could make Cutler look consistent.

Until the team fell completely apart with Jay you felt there was always a chance you could win.  If we contrast the good with a bad despite his many quirks he did win a lot of games in the 4th Q.

With Rex I often wondered if we'd ever be in the game at all.  That AZ game was a perfect example of that.

I respected you til you roasted my guy. Jay cutler threw 8 interceptions one season if you disregard the 3 he threw in the meaningless season finale vs Detroit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulman said:

No, just the opposite.  McDaniels insisted Orton be included in the deal.  That was the scuttlebutt here.

IIRC someone else was in the mix who also had a QB to deal but McDaniels wanted Orton.  Be careful what you wish for.  LOL

P sure it was his badass neck beard. Inspired me to have one too, which blocked me from getting laid for years but it was well worth it for him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I respected you til you roasted my guy. Jay cutler threw 8 interceptions one season if you disregard the 3 he threw in the meaningless season finale vs Detroit 

Hey now.  Over the years and in two different forums no one stuck up for Jay any more often or any better than I did.  Malagabear is my witness to that.

But.....as big of a Cutler rooter as I've been his biggest flaw was always inconsistency not that it was always 100% his fault.

I'd love to see what he could do with this offense.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Hey now.  Over the years and in two different forums no one stuck up for Jay any more often or any better than I did.  Malagabear is my witness to that.

But.....as big of a Cutler rooter as I've been his biggest flaw was always inconsistency not that it was always 100% his fault.

I'd love to see what he could do with this offense.

I’d love to see what Rex Grossman could do with our defense 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tyty said:

P sure it was his badass neck beard. Inspired me to have one too, which blocked me from getting laid for years but it was well worth it for him. 

LMAO!

One positive that can be attributed to Kyle is he's about as good a #2 QB as you could hope for, just not a guy who could be a great starter.

Still over 10 seasons; W/L of 42-40, 101td/69ints, 59.5% comp/18,000 yards passing.  He hung in there and made some good money.

1 minute ago, soulman said:

Huh?  Did I miss something.

Rex had a good defense.  Jay did too for awhile and then ker-splat.

I’m just saying Rex is my go-to guy when it comes to ruining our good defenses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I’m just saying Rex is my go-to guy when it comes to ruining our good defenses. 

One point I've always made in many debates is how much different would many fans view of him had been if he hadn't been injured in that NFC Championship Game and we end up winning the Super Bowl.  So many simply wanted to sweep that season under a rug and ignore it.

Edited by soulman

2 minutes ago, soulman said:

One point I've always made in many debates is how much different would many fans view of him had been if he hadn't been injured in that NFC Championship Game and we end up winning the Super Bowl.  So many simply wanted to sweep that season under a rug and ignore it.

Didn’t he get injured in the game though?? We were getting smashed when he sprained his mcl or whatever 

7 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Didn’t he get injured in the game though?? We were getting smashed when he sprained his mcl or whatever 

Cutler had a tough 1st half but he got injured early and tried to play on it.

We damn near beat GB in 4th Q with Hanie because the defense shut them down but Hanie through a pick six and put us down 21-7.

We score again and were driving at the end but ran out of time.

I believe had Cutler not been injured that day we would have beaten GB.