Whose your 2017 breakout player

ahoda

Whose your pick for Lions breakout player?  For me I'm going with Ebron.  With the added o-line in the off season the running game should improve allowing Ebron to be targeted more across the middle.

On defense I'm really excited to see the rookie LBs.  

14 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say Killebrew. Dude seems like he has great instincts and I think can make a larger impact.

Is he going to be a starter this year?

I will say Ameer Abdullah.  I think he finally stays healthy and shows us what he has over a full season. 

On defense I think the breakout star will be Davis.  I don't really see anyone that can breakout besides the rookies.  If Robinson or Lawson blow up than maybe one of them but I think they both are coming off relatively break out seasons last year.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:58 AM, ahoda said:

Greg Robinson is expected to be the starting LT.  Not sure how I feel about that.

I recall that many Ram fans have said he would make an adequate Guard, but he's not Tackle material. That definitely worries me.

7 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

I recall that many Ram fans have said he would make an adequate Guard, but he's not Tackle material. That definitely worries me.

I would expect a fairly healthy dose of slide protections his way, TE's kept in to protect next to him, and RB help for him as well. Wagner and Lang should be solid on the right side if left without help. Robinson and Glasgow/Tomlinson are going to be the weakest part of the line, so it would be logical to mask their deficiencies a little with some extra help.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to say a real darkhorse in Robert Tonyan as a down the field out of nowhere breakout TE but I know that won't happen.  Although Tonyan does have great speed, great hands, and great size.  In all actuality, I believe it will be Kenny Golladay.  He is going to break out.  I told my son about 1 month prior to the draft that he needs to watch some tape on this Golladay kid and he told me, okay but on one condition,  I responded by asking him what and he said that I would have to look up some tape and watch Teez Tabor.  Well, in the end, we both got our wishes and landed a player we really studied.  Golladay is a very fast height weight speed WR.  Some players run fast in shorts but when they put on pads they run much slower where as Golladay puts on pads and I believe he runs faster.  His hands are great, does that mean he won't have any drops?  No, but, his drop rate should be low.  I think that he ends up with 1100 yards 7 TD's.  People laugh when I talk like this but I know talent when I see it and I can see special little qualities that translate to this level.  On D I would like to see Zettel come out and put up Jared Allen type numbers.  He has the motor and the speed and the moves he just needs to develop more of a power rush to go along with it and that will come in time.

Archived