New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks -- Week 13

showtime

The Giants are 4-7, but they're in first place in the NFC East and in a highly competitive division (in terms of teams competing to win). According to the stats, the Giants have one of the worst passing offenses in the league, so that is awesome because Seattle's pass defense is rated as the worst in the NFL.

I really don't want this game to be close, like many of Seattle's games are. Hopefully, they can put the Giants away. This is a must win game for the Seahawks. Can't really afford to lose to a team like this in this division.

TP6O1LU.png

18 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Another game against a STOUT defensive line. Im really worried about how awful the offensive line played last week, carrying over into this week. Seattle SHOULD win, but I get the feeling this game is going to be way closer than it should be. 

Closer than it should? The coaching staff is doing a great job of covering up holes on the defense, holes that your wideouts should be able to take complete advantage of. As for the offense it highly doubtful Daniel Jones is starting, simply stack the box and dare Colt McCoy to beat you, I am pretty sure he can't.

I do think the Giants have a good to great coaching staff, and they might be able to figure out a way to keep it close at halftime but that is it. There is no reason at all the Seahawks should not be able to pull away in the 2nd half.

46 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Closer than it should? The coaching staff is doing a great job of covering up holes on the defense, holes that your wideouts should be able to take complete advantage of. As for the offense it highly doubtful Daniel Jones is starting, simply stack the box and dare Colt McCoy to beat you, I am pretty sure he can't.

I do think the Giants have a good to great coaching staff, and they might be able to figure out a way to keep it close at halftime but that is it. There is no reason at all the Seahawks should not be able to pull away in the 2nd half.

What I mean is Seattle is like 9.5-10 point favorites, and I think the game is going end up closer than that for most of it. Reason being, NYG's defensive line might be able to dictate how the game goes, much like Philly did. I mean even if Colt McCoy ends up being the starter, Seattle's offense could be a slog, and game might be similar to the Eagles game. 

I just have zero confidence Seattle can dominate anyone for 4 quarters. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The Pete Carroll Seahawks are pretty notorious for playing down to their competition. You guys have one of the best emerging shadow CBs in the game and a strong defensive line. That was recipe enough to completely stall our offense a few weeks ago against the Rams. 

It's become clear that the coaching staff is reverting back to their habits of "establish the run". We will run Carson and Hyde relentlessly and your DLine will whip our OLine. 

That said, the Giants lack any weapons on offense that I think threaten this defense outside of Evan Engram. Engram could have another big game against our LBs on short to intermediate crossing routes, but I expect our defense to bottle up Gallman and mostly neutralize your WRs. 

10-7 Hawks at halftime. 23-13 final score. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

Yep.

Still expected to win, but the struggle was written all over the wall.

Seattle might win against the Jets, but I fully expect them to lose by 2+ scores to WTF & LA

Wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks lost to the Jets tbh lol

• Like 1

What in the world happened today against the Seahawks? I know the Giants are a feisty team and when the Rams played them and had their struggles everyone pointed and said the Rams are pretenders because they struggled to beat the Giants. I said it had alot to do with the Rams losing a heartbreaker in Buffalo on a long east coast trip and just wasnt sharp. The Giants have shown they are a tough out. I just felt like with no Jones at QB traveling to Seattle west coast trip that Seattle would win and play well. They might have choked the division away. At the very least they HAVE to beat the Rams Week 16 and probably will have to win Week 17 too if they want to win the division. Just puts alot of pressure on them now. I cant even say the Seahawks if they get the 5th seed to play Giants in the playoffs because if they lost to McCoy they could certainly lose to Jones in on the east coast trip. Just puzzling to me the Seahawks losing. I didnt expect it. 

47 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

What in the world happened today against the Seahawks? I know the Giants are a feisty team and when the Rams played them and had their struggles everyone pointed and said the Rams are pretenders because they struggled to beat the Giants. I said it had alot to do with the Rams losing a heartbreaker in Buffalo on a long east coast trip and just wasnt sharp. The Giants have shown they are a tough out. I just felt like with no Jones at QB traveling to Seattle west coast trip that Seattle would win and play well. They might have choked the division away. At the very least they HAVE to beat the Rams Week 16 and probably will have to win Week 17 too if they want to win the division. Just puts alot of pressure on them now. I cant even say the Seahawks if they get the 5th seed to play Giants in the playoffs because if they lost to McCoy they could certainly lose to Jones in on the east coast trip. Just puzzling to me the Seahawks losing. I didnt expect it. 

Seattle's worst offensive performances (Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Giants) were all the result of the offensive line getting bullied by the defensive line, and essentially dictating what Seattle can do offensively. Giants pretty much did the same thing Philly did the week before dominating the LOS, playing wide and sitting back in disciplined zones. Difference was NYG had a better secondary to prevent DK from taking the game over. 

Its telling that Seattle did not complete a slant or vertical this week. The passing game was essentially curls in the middle of the field to the TE's and getting DK on the sideline with comebacks and outs. Thats it.

Its frustrating that the defense was smothering, playing as well as they have all season (albeit against Colt McCoy) but got caught off guard with NYG's shift from spread to heavy look on 9 consecutive offensive plays that resulted in 14 points and essentially the ball game. Outside of the those 9 plays the Giants mustered 150 yards and 3 points (gained from 9 offensive yards).

Russ and Schotty seem unable to adjust and the sudden and rapid decline in play by the offensive line has killed this offense.

Edited by animaltested

4 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Seattle's worst offensive performances (Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Giants) were all the result of the offensive line getting bullied by the defensive line, and essentially dictating what Seattle can do offensively. Giants pretty much did the same thing Philly did the week before dominating the LOS, playing wide and sitting back in disciplined zones. Difference was NYG had a better secondary to prevent DK from taking the game over. 

Its telling that Seattle did not complete a slant or vertical this week. The passing game was essentially curls in the middle of the field to the TE's and getting DK on the sideline with comebacks and outs. Thats it.

Its frustrating that the defense was smothering, playing as well as they have all season (albeit against Colt McCoy) but got caught off guard with NYG's shift from spread to heavy look on 9 consecutive offensive plays resulted in 14 points and essentially the ball game. Outside of the those 9 plays the Giants mustered 150 yards and 3 points (gained from 9 offensive yards).

Russ and Schotty seem unable to adjust and the sudden and rapid decline in play by the offensive line has killed this offense.

The Giants defense is underrated. I think the Seahawks badly need to get better on the OL. That’s been holding them back since they traded away Max Unger back many years ago. When the Seahawks get into the playoffs they will have to play teams like the Rams, Bucs, and Saints pass rush and Wilson can only do so much. It’s going to be interesting to see how Seattle does against Washington. The Jets a definitely a get right game and I think the Rams could lose to the Pats so the Seahawks should be back in sole position of first place after Week 14 but the last three games for both the Rams and Seahawks will be extremely interesting. If the Rams beat the Pats then the pressure on Seattle will be that much more. But again Seattle OL is definitely letting them down. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

The Giants defense is underrated. I think the Seahawks badly need to get better on the OL. That’s been holding them back since they traded away Max Unger back many years ago. When the Seahawks get into the playoffs they will have to play teams like the Rams, Bucs, and Saints pass rush and Wilson can only do so much. It’s going to be interesting to see how Seattle does against Washington. The Jets a definitely a get right game and I think the Rams could lose to the Pats so the Seahawks should be back in sole position of first place after Week 14 but the last three games for both the Rams and Seahawks will be extremely interesting. If the Rams beat the Pats then the pressure on Seattle will be that much more. But again Seattle OL is definitely letting them down. 

The thing is this is probably the best group they have had since 2014. Prior to the last few weeks, you could make the argument, Seattle had a top 10 unit. Replacing Hunt-Fluker-Ifedi with Pocic-Lewis-Shell has been huge. Injuries have been a big component to the recent struggles.

The Rams exploited starting center Ethan Pocic being out to get something like 15 pressures up the middle, and just destroying any sort of running game (I mean Alex Cobb was the lead back)

The Eagles and Giants really exploited Brandon Shell's  absence at RT.  Ogbuehi, Jones and Wheeler have been almost instant pressures off the snap. The Eagles and Giants didnt blitz much, but were really harassing Russ's right side pretty much from gun to gun. 

The issue stems beyond offensive line. The Giants didnt really pressure Russ as much as the Rams and Eagles did. He mostly held the ball into pressures. Long stretches of the game was him dropping back, waiting, sliding around, and then getting pressure and then tossing the ball at the feet of a RB. Not sure if WRs werent getting open, or Russ was missing them, but there was ZERO consistency.

13 minutes ago, animaltested said:

The thing is this is probably the best group they have had since 2014. Prior to the last few weeks, you could make the argument, Seattle had a top 10 unit. Replacing Hunt-Fluker-Ifedi with Pocic-Lewis-Shell has been huge. Injuries have been a big component to the recent struggles.

The Rams exploited starting center Ethan Pocic being out to get something like 15 pressures up the middle, and just destroying any sort of running game (I mean Alex Cobb was the lead back)

The Eagles and Giants really exploited Brandon Shell's  absence at RT.  Ogbuehi, Jones and Wheeler have been almost instant pressures off the snap. The Eagles and Giants didnt blitz much, but were really harassing Russ's right side pretty much from gun to gun. 

The issue stems beyond offensive line. The Giants didnt really pressure Russ as much as the Rams and Eagles did. He mostly held the ball into pressures. Long stretches of the game was him dropping back, waiting, sliding around, and then getting pressure and then tossing the ball at the feet of a RB. Not sure if WRs werent getting open, or Russ was missing them, but there was ZERO consistency.

That’s the thing too. 5 of the last 7 games Wilson hasn’t played well. He got to get back on track for the Seahawks to have any shot to win a playoff game let alone getting to the NFCCG. 

On 12/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, showtime said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks lost to the Jets tbh lol

Wouldn't surprise me either lol.

I thought the Seahawks would struggle but yeesh i thought Wilson would be able to at least pull out a slim victory over Colt McCoy.

Edited by Sacks98

On 12/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

You guys have one of the best emerging shadow CBs in the game and a strong defensive line. That was recipe enough to completely stall our offense a few weeks ago against the Rams. 

It’s pretty much as simple as this. Lockett is clearly playing at less than 100% since tweaking his knee and our offense is stuck in neutral when the opposition has a CB that can challenge DK. 

Russ just isn’t seeing the field right now. Completely missing wide open receivers while he stares down DK for 5 seconds before taking 10 yard sacks. 

Slow down DK and plug the run. It’s not hard to beat us right now.