NudeTayne

Draft Grade  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How'd I do?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D

A poster in the mock forum (Johnny Nix) did a seven rounder. This is my alternate universe mock based on who was available at each of our picks.

Browns.gif

24Shaun Wade

CB Ohio State

Browns.gif

55. Jaylen Twyman

DL Pittsburgh

Browns.gif
87. Trevon Moehrig
S TCU

Browns.gif
94. Sage Surratt
WR Wake Forest

Browns.gif
103. Monty Rice
LB Georgia

Browns.gif
118. Marvin Wilson
DL Florida State

Browns.gif
156. Jaret Patterson
RB Buffalo

Browns.gif
181. Tyler Linderbaum
OC Iowa

Browns.gif
216. Marquez Stevenson
WR Houston
Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

I think Basham is fool’s gold. Reminds me of Shaq Lawson. Carbon-Copy. 

Love Twyman. McGrone is decent, but pretty much exactly the same player as Phillips. Love Linderbaum late. Actually all of your later round picks are insane steals. 

15 hours ago, QBIso said:

I think Basham is fool’s gold. Reminds me of Shaq Lawson. Carbon-Copy. 

What do you not like about his game? I've only watched a few highlight reels. I'd be down to grab a corner in the first round or bpa DE/DT, depending on who is there. What do you think of Azeez Ojulari and Joseph Ossai?

Love Twyman. McGrone is decent, but pretty much exactly the same player as Phillips. Love Linderbaum late. Actually all of your later round picks are insane steals. 

👌👍 McGrone was my only pick I didn't love in that group. That said, if he is Phillips, I'd be happy. I think Phillips is gonna be a nice starter as long as he doesn't LSU us.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

@NudeTayne I don’t think Basham is athletic enough to be a star edge rusher. He’ll be solid against the run, but I think his potential as a pass rusher is tapped. He doesn’t have a great set of moves and he doesn’t have the athletic skill set to scare edge rushers as a speed rusher to set up anything off of it. He’s an effort rusher. 

I don’t like Ojulari at all. Way too light in the pants to play on any down outside of 3rd & long. Plus he doesn’t seem overly agile, which makes me question his ability to play some LBer. 

Ossai intrigues me, but moreso as a LBer. He has the hips to cover and blitz. I’d be all about him outside of R1 as our SAM LBer and nickel rusher. He’s a better run defender than Ojulari IMO.

I like Jaelan Phillips the most out of the DEs likely to be there at pick #32. After that, I think there’s a huge pile of fringe starters at DE. Hutchinson intrigues me, but he’s stiff as a board too. 

• Like 1

I wish I had seen the first iteration of this.

I REALLY like Besham.

I don't think we need a super star pass rusher on the other side of Garrett, but I do think we need someone who defends the run well, who has a good set of pass rush moves, and who is a high effort player.  There are a lot of guys who have been VERY successful who weren't super athletes (JJ watt for example) but with effort and moves is effective as a pass rusher.

I like the idea of drafting a CB in the first round however.  I think our biggest needs are CB and DE, i just think its harder to find a good DE in later rounds, where CB's you can find talented players through the first couple rounds.

We also could use a 3rd safety, linebacking help, and defensive line depth, so you pretty much hit on most of the needs.

I would like to see a linebacker taken higher but I don't know that this front office is willing to do that, so I understand.

• Like 1