Week 13 GDT - Buffalo Bills at San Francisco 49ers

14 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

😁  Yes, that will go so well with Ward's fragility....

Same could be said for Tartt. Ward has been playing lights out the last couple of weeks though, hopefully he can keep it up and stay healthy.

22 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Ironically that is what the Bills are struggling with the most right now. Their run game was better last week but it’s been a weakness all season. And outside of a handful of plays the Bills haven’t really been taking their deep shots and connecting. Especially with John Brown out.

Bills love to use the middle of the field and use intermediate passes to Beasley and Diggs to keep themselves ahead of the sticks as much as possible. I think it’s going to be a heck of a chess match. 

Niners are good defending the middle of the field as Warner is elite as it gets in coverage for a LB and our slot corners have played well all season long. Only problem is Williams and Taylor are hurt and now Moseley will take over at NB. He's played outside corner the last two years and got in the slot in the 3rd quarter of the Rams game. I think he will be fine there.

The defense the past few games against the Saints and Rams has been playing really well. It's starting to get healthier and putting Moore at FS has done wonders in preventing the big plays and allowing Ward to be used in multiple ways. 

Seattle and GB really worked this defense with big passing plays but the Sherman wasn't playing at that time and Moore wasn't the starting FS. Will be interesting to see how the Bills approach this offensively. 

20 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Same could be said for Tartt. Ward has been playing lights out the last couple of weeks though, hopefully he can keep it up and stay healthy.

Tartt has actually been a disaster with regards to his health. He's seriously never missed less than 4 games in a season since becoming a full time starter, I believe. He's more injury prone than Ward at this point lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tartt has actually been a disaster with regards to his health. He's seriously never missed less than 4 games in a season since becoming a full time starter, I believe. He's more injury prone than Ward at this point lol

Yeah, that was my point. Tartt is always banged up. Ward would be no less of a risk for us at this point. I really like the idea of moving forward with Ward at strong and Moore at free. I think that combo will do very well for us. 

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, that was my point. Tartt is always banged up. Ward would be no less of a risk for us at this point. I really like the idea of moving forward with Ward at strong and Moore at free. I think that combo will do very well for us. 

Agreed. I don't think that you can bring Tartt back. I like him; very steady guy, but I also think that if you wanted to replace him and didn't want to roll with Moore / Ward, its very doable. Guys like Vonn Bell / Tartt just aren't highly marketed and valued. I'll never understand how Landon Collins got the deal he got. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I don't think that you can bring Tartt back. I like him; very steady guy, but I also think that if you wanted to replace him and didn't want to roll with Moore / Ward, its very doable. Guys like Vonn Bell / Tartt just aren't highly marketed and valued. I'll never understand how Landon Collins got the deal he got. 

I never thought highly of Collins tbh. I think Tartt is the better safety but his lack of availability every year drops his value down a peg or two.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That's annoying. 

It's going to come down to simply how well we can establish the run and if Mostert/Wilson are able to break out big runs or not. If not, then it will be a struggle like it was against the Rams. Deebo and Aiyuk finally being healthy together with Reed gives us plenty of weapons in the passing game, but you just cannot expect Mullens to do much against strong pass defenses. 

May need another defensive score or at least have to force multiple turnovers to have a chance. 

36 minutes ago, N4L said:

Vegas originally had us as +2.5 point underdogs. 

We are now -1 point favorites 

Guarantee that was all public after Rams and now sharps will crush the bills at +1. Think I will (actually, I'd probably just hit the ML)

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

May need another defensive score or at least have to force multiple turnovers to have a chance. 

This is what I think it really boils down to for me. Need that defense to step up again. I really hate putting it all on them, but until Jimmy is back, they have to carry the load.