Week 13 GDT - Buffalo Bills at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Of course they are different players. They do essentially play the same role though (or they are at least asked to play essentially the same role), they just do it differently because they have varying strengths and weaknesses. And I clearly never said they are the only two options. Instead, I asked you for your preference of the two players. It is actually an extremely simple question. Would you rather have Tartt back on the minimum (or near minimum) or would you rather just hand the reins to Moore?

I'm 100% handing it to Moore...and no, I don't think that their role is the same...Tartt is going to be in the box a lot more in my opinion with Moore back deep more often. I believe that if Moore is the starter next year with Ward, it's actually the latter who assumes Tartt's role 

Just now, Forge said:

I'm 100% handing it to Moore...and no, I don't think that their role is the same...Tartt is going to be in the box a lot more in my opinion with Moore back deep more often. I believe that if Moore is the starter next year with Ward, it's actually the latter who assumes Tartt's role 

Fair enough, but the safeties are much more interchangeable now than they have been in the past. Then again, who knows what our defense will look like next year or who our DC will even be. Moore might be a better fit if the new DC (if Saleh gets a HC position) prefers two high safeties. I just really prefer safeties who are great communicators and Moore has seemed to struggle mightily with that aspect of the game so far. Here's to hoping he improves and we can focus resources elsewhere. ✌️

• Like 1

Well the offense is about what i expected with the backup QB. Able to move the ball a bit, but unlike with Jimmy G, any mistake (penalty, having any one play blown up) just about kills the drive. And a couple of dumb turnovers. The 2 turnovers took away 7 from us and gave 3 to Buffalo, a 10 point swing. 

You need the defense to step up for any chance to win with Mullens (or just any backup QB) and they didn't tonight. 

5-7 and only 1 game back from the Vikings & Cardinals with 2 NFCE games coming up, but not sure if we can contain either teams DL. Chase Young & Aldon Smith probably gona feast

On the flip side, not sure how tiebreakers work, but we could pick as low as 14 or as high as 11. We're tied with DET, CHI, & WAS at 5-7. NYG too, but they're leading the division so they'd get a playoff spot

So Jimmy and Kittle returning next week? 

Aiyuk had one bad drop but man he was impressive today. The way he's getting in and out of his breaks is so good. We got ourselves a true #1.

I thought the OL actually played fairly decent today? 

Defensively? L-O-L

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Well the offense is about what i expected with the backup QB. Able to move the ball a bit, but unlike with Jimmy G, any mistake (penalty, having any one play blown up) just about kills the drive. And a couple of dumb turnovers. The 2 turnovers took away 7 from us and gave 3 to Buffalo, a 10 point swing. 

You need the defense to step up for any chance to win with Mullens (or just any backup QB) and they didn't tonight. 

5-7 and only 1 game back from the Vikings & Cardinals with 2 NFCE games coming up, but not sure if we can contain either teams DL. Chase Young & Aldon Smith probably gona feast

On the flip side, not sure how tiebreakers work, but we could pick as low as 14 or as high as 11. We're tied with DET, CHI, & WAS at 5-7. NYG too, but they're leading the division so they'd get a playoff spot

Tied teams are ranked via strength of schedule with the weakest SOS picking first, second weakest SOS picking next, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Jimmy and Kittle returning next week? 

I haven't heard anything about Jimmys recovery yet, so I'm assuming he's not there. I'm going to say hard no on kittle though. I know he's doing the crazy thing where he wants to play like now, but my understanding is that he should be out until at least week 16 for proper recovery based on the injury

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

We are pick 14. Have the highest SOS out of all 5-7 teams

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I haven't heard anything about Jimmys recovery yet, so I'm assuming he's not there. I'm going to say hard no on kittle though. I know he's doing the crazy thing where he wants to play like now, but my understanding is that he should be out until at least week 16 for proper recovery based on the injury

Never mind, and at this point it is inevitable they will just be held out for the rest of the season. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Never mind, and at this point it is inevitable they will just be held out for the rest of the season. 

Depends. After the Rams win, I figured we had to go 2-1 in the next 3 to make it worth our while. I always assumed the bills game was a loss, so these next two were the important ones. I could see us lose both, win both, or split. That Washington hasn't is going to be tough physically

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Kind of pointless to play them now if they are going to be out until the playoff chances are gone.

I agree on kittle, but if Garoppolo is healthy enough to give it a go I think he should. 

I get that winning if we are 5-9 at that point would be bad, but I want to see him play with good footwork and go through his reads. He's been horrible with both this year. I want him to show us that he's better than the way he played earlier in the season 

I honestly want them to tell him before the game that his job is on the line and we may cut him if he doesn't play well. Just put all the pressure in the world on him and see if he cracks. You don't need to say that publicly, but just tell him that behind closed doors 

Maybe they feel like they don't need to learn anything about him and will gain nothing from a short look at him against live defenses, but I don't necessarily feel that way