New Year: Vegan/Vegetarian

TOUCAN

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So this is thing. 

NO, DO NOT TELL ME THAT.

Here's the thing: Up until the last 2 years, she ate gluten and was fine. This is a recent thing.

Celiac is an autoimmune condition vs a gluten intolerance being exactly that, an intolerance.

Both of my sisters have Celiac's. I was terrified for purely selfish reasons. I love fresh baked breads. Desserts I can say no to, but bread is hard to pass up on, not to mention some occasional foods baked or friend in flour/breadcrumbs/whatever.

Same treatment, don’t eat gluten. 

Ah, got it, so she's making it up. I always thought so!

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

NO, DO NOT TELL ME THAT.

I can only imagine the smug look on your mom’s face rn

Just now, MWil23 said:

Here's the thing: Up until the last 2 years, she ate gluten and was fine. This is a recent thing.

It can pop up later in late.  Any time really.  

Just now, MWil23 said:

Both of my sisters have Celiac's. I was terrified for purely selfish reasons. I love fresh baked breads. Desserts I can say no to, but bread is hard to pass up on, not to mention some occasional foods baked or friend in flour/breadcrumbs/whatever.

yeah it sounds miserable. Like, not going to kill you miserable, but sure as hell puts a damper on all you can eat breadsticks at Olive Garden.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Ah, got it, so she's making it up. I always thought so!

Show her some tough love.  Give her breads and pastas exclusively until her weak GI system toughens up.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can only imagine the smug look on your mom’s face rn

It's her default setting anyway, and if you think I'm going to tell her, I'd die first.

It can pop up later in late.  Any time really.

In all seriousness, it popped up after her cancer treatments, so likely could be a side effect from radiation from what I've heard. No idea if that's true or not.

yeah it sounds miserable. Like, not going to kill you miserable, but sure as hell puts a damper on all you can eat breadsticks at Olive Garden.

Or, to quote my sister, "I miss beer". (The actual quote is Bud Light, which I cannot dignify, so I will amend it)

Show her some tough love.  Give her breads and pastas exclusively until her weak GI system toughens up.

This is like that 80's show the Goldbergs where the mom tells the son "suck it up, we can't afford asthma".

• Like 1