The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

On 10/8/2021 at 6:54 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

This is exactly why I can't stand teams like Man City and PSG that CLEARLY break financial fair play rules and they get away with it because they're probably throwing so much money at FIFA as well. It's disgusting. And it also helps prove how overrated Pep is as a manager. 

You really think that Real madrid  , MU , Chelsea...Barcelone not break financial rules ? aHAhahahaha

watch what's happening in barcelona. You believe they have  fund to pay Messi so much without breaking rule  ?  

5 hours ago, French Fan said:

You really think that Real madrid  , MU , Chelsea...Barcelone not break financial rules ? aHAhahahaha

watch what's happening in barcelona. You believe they have  fund to pay Messi so much without breaking rule  ?  

Interested to see your logic on how United break FFP. Only thing they are guilty of is signing rubbish players and for the fact the Glazers leech money out of a club they haven't put a single penny into, and have saddled with hundreds of millions of debt.

Real Madrid and Barcelona got caught in a race to the bottom. They are not comparable to United.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 5:34 AM, French Fan said:

Oh sure, maybe they're not perfect but Man City and PSG make all the other clubs look like altar boys. All the Saudi Oil Prince Clubs are the worst offenders. FIFA does nothing to them because they have to money to even further corrupt FIFA. Which is hard to do.

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Oh sure, maybe they're not perfect but Man City and PSG make all the other clubs look like altar boys. All the Saudi Oil Prince Clubs are the worst offenders. FIFA does nothing to them because they have to money to even further corrupt FIFA. Which is hard to do.

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i'm sure Great Britain not corrupt olympic comity to win JO2012 over favorite France

Atlanta win in 1996 without Coca Cola corruption over Athens !!!

How many times  King of Spain delete debts from Real Madrid ?

Tom Brady cheat many times......

etc etc the debate is endless

37 minutes ago, French Fan said:

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

i'm sure Great Britain not corrupt olympic comity to win JO2012 over favorite France

Atlanta win in 1996 without Coca Cola corruption over Athens !!!

How many times  King of Spain delete debts from Real Madrid ?

Tom Brady cheat many times......

etc etc the debate is endless

I genuinely don't know if I have ever come across someone as defensive as you in my entire life. It's ... Strange.

@BullsandBroncosliterally just said PSG and City aren't the only corrupt ones, and you go off on some (random) rant about other examples of corruption.

You did this all of last year with Drew Lock as well (whilst also saying you wouldn't come back to the forum, which again was weird).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I genuinely don't know if I have ever come across someone as defensive as you in my entire life. It's ... Strange.

@BullsandBroncosliterally just said PSG and City aren't the only corrupt ones, and you go off on some (random) rant about other examples of corruption.

You did this all of last year with Drew Lock as well (whilst also saying you wouldn't come back to the forum, which again was weird).

You are right ... as always, by the way.
A person on this forum convinced me not to leave ... but I remain perplexed when I see the debates ... which are not since everyone wants to be right.
In the end, it is better to be silent ...... I take note.

PS: I am not sure i wrote something between April en September.........

Edited by French Fan

44 minutes ago, French Fan said:

You are right ... as always, by the way.
A person on this forum convinced me not to leave ... but I remain perplexed when I see the debates ... which are not since everyone wants to be right.
In the end, it is better to be silent ...... I take note.

PS: I am not sure i wrote something between April en September.........

Nobody is telling you to be silent.

I just don't understand why you get so defensive (borderline aggressive) when your opinion differs to someone.

That first sentence sounds like my wife speaking!

45 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Nobody is telling you to be silent.

I just don't understand why you get so defensive (borderline aggressive) when your opinion differs to someone.

That first sentence sounds like my wife speaking!

It is not an opinion which differs because yes the rules are flouted ... but they have been for a very long time but nobody found fault until then! It's curious I find.
But I still think that it is better to be silent than to express myself when I browse the forum

On 10/15/2021 at 9:40 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

Saw that Brittany was running the show at the statue unveiling for Shanny and Atwater. 

Any movement on this front?

Well it wasn’t going to be Ellis, especially with Mike since they hate each other. I can’t imagine it portends anything and if it did, I’d be more scared with her running the team than if they literally had a chimp throw a dartboard at the phone book to find the new owner. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/25/joe-burrow-bengals-nfl-week-7-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

He’s as well-connected as anyone in the media and he, Peter King, dropped this small nugget in his Monday column today: 

Very back-burner right now, but at some point soon, there’s going to be a resolution to who will own the Denver Broncos. If the seven children of Pat Bowlen cannot agree on a succession plan, the franchise trustees are likely to sell the team. Now I’ve heard that at least four individuals of means have been actively digging around to discover if said purchase will be smart. When I say “of means,” I mean those in private business who have billions to spend. As for all of those (Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones, among others) who’d love to see Jeff Bezos get involved in ownership of an NFL franchise, I hear he’s not interested. At least now he’s not.

9 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/25/joe-burrow-bengals-nfl-week-7-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

He’s as well-connected as anyone in the media and he, Peter King, dropped this small nugget in his Monday column today: 

Very back-burner right now, but at some point soon, there’s going to be a resolution to who will own the Denver Broncos. If the seven children of Pat Bowlen cannot agree on a succession plan, the franchise trustees are likely to sell the team. Now I’ve heard that at least four individuals of means have been actively digging around to discover if said purchase will be smart. When I say “of means,” I mean those in private business who have billions to spend. As for all of those (Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones, among others) who’d love to see Jeff Bezos get involved in ownership of an NFL franchise, I hear he’s not interested. At least now he’s not.

That's a relief. Wouldn't want him to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What I wonder is why JJ and Kraft would want Bezos as an owner? They’re the two most famous owners in the league, for better or for worse, why would they want a “celebrity” owner?

Attention to one owner like that makes them all see dollar signs in their eyes somehow I think

• 3 weeks later...

I have settled into the Broncos' woes coming from the ownership issue. Look at the Patriots. They lost their hall of fame quarterback, had a bad year, then was able to rebound because they have a good owner, a great HC, and a culture along with an identity that breeds consistency. It is boring and I hate seeing the Pat's contending all of the time, but it works. 

• Like 1