The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I have settled into the Broncos' woes coming from the ownership issue. Look at the Patriots. They lost their hall of fame quarterback, had a bad year, then was able to rebound because they have a good owner, a great HC, and a culture along with an identity that breeds consistency. It is boring and I hate seeing the Pat's contending all of the time, but it works. 

The Steelers with the Rooney’s are another example. 

Of course in the same vane the Fords have owned the Lions since the Model T was the number one selling car in America 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The Steelers with the Rooney’s are another example. 

Of course in the same vane the Fords have owned the Lions since the Model T was the number one selling car in America 🤣

Well, the Lions have some kind of curse. I am actually rooting for them because I just feel bad for them.  But yeah, I thought we were on par with the Steelers when Bowlen was the owner. We didn't have any dynasties, but things were consistent and the Broncos were always competitive. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, Cutler06 said:

So, does the next owner ( I’m hoping against the Bowlen girls ) have to make a splash to spur this franchise on to return to glory by cleaning the FO, by bringing in a new QB, etc ?

I personally doubt Paton is going to be fired. Frankly, it would be idiotic to do so. He was one of the most sought after personnel guys when we got him last year. Who are they going to get that's a better choice? I would, however expect to see a full scale gutting of the coaching staff. We're re-signing all of these players with an eye towards bringing in a new QB. 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 8:40 AM, broncos67 said:

I personally doubt Paton is going to be fired. Frankly, it would be idiotic to do so. He was one of the most sought after personnel guys when we got him last year. Who are they going to get that's a better choice? I would, however expect to see a full scale gutting of the coaching staff. We're re-signing all of these players with an eye towards bringing in a new QB. 

My bad, I wrote FO but meant coaching staff, I really like the job Paton has done so far. Already interested in his 2022 draft, a bit precarious of what he'll do with the coaches already.

On 12/20/2021 at 7:18 PM, Cutler06 said:

My bad, I wrote FO but meant coaching staff, I really like the job Paton has done so far. Already interested in his 2022 draft, a bit precarious of what he'll do with the coaches already.

Here's what Woody thunks will happen. Pretty interesting take.

https://gazette.com/premium/woody-paige-the-dominoes-will-fall-and-usher-in-revamped-broncos-era-after-raiders-game/article_1e8e7506-65de-11ec-878d-7befda2ce56b.html

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Cliff notes for those of us without subscription to the gazette?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Cliff notes for those of us without subscription to the gazette?

There’s a lot there. And it’s Woody being Woody. 

He gives dates but states the following will happen - Shurmur and McMahon will be fired, Vic will step down as HC but sticks around to be DC, Ellis/Elway/Paton will hire Nathaniel Hackett from GB to be HC, trade our natural 1,2,3 rounds picks this year, next years 1, Lock and Jeudy to GB for Rodgers, who will agree to a 6-year deal to stay through his age 44 season. Peyton Manning and some “Denver businessmen” will join Brittany Bowlen in an ownership group. Brittany and Annabelle’s children will retain 56% and the other 44% will be bought by Peyton/Denver businesmen from John Bowlen and the other 2 Bowlen children. Brittany will be CEO and Peyton will be President. And we’ll trade up into the first round and pick an OT.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

There’s a lot there. And it’s Woody being Woody. 

He gives dates but states the following will happen - Shurmur and McMahon will be fired, Vic will step down as HC but sticks around to be DC, Ellis/Elway/Paton will hire Nathaniel Hackett from GB to be HC, trade our natural 1,2,3 rounds picks this year, next years 1, Lock and Jeudy to GB for Rodgers, who will agree to a 6-year deal to stay through his age 44 season. Peyton Manning and some “Denver businessmen” will join Brittany Bowlen in an ownership group. Brittany and Annabelle’s children will retain 56% and the other 44% will be bought by Peyton/Denver businesmen from John Bowlen and the other 2 Bowlen children. Brittany will be CEO and Peyton will be President. And we’ll trade up into the first round and pick an OT.  

So… best case scenario 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

So… best case scenario 

Pretty much. Any solution that Paton can come up with that keeps Vic and his defense will make me happy. He's without a doubt the best DC we've had since Joe Collier. 

Also, I think he may be too generous with compensation for Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Pretty much. Any solution that Paton can come up with that keeps Vic and his defense will make me happy. He's without a doubt the best DC we've had since Joe Collier. 

Also, I think he may be too generous with compensation for Rodgers. 

Is that a real possibility? I know the article mentioned it but why would Vic agree?