The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

9 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Is that a real possibility? I know the article mentioned it but why would Vic agree?

I really don't know bud. Actually, he may just like it. By now I'll bet he's getting pretty tired of the BS he has to put up with as a HC.

He's actually a perfect example of the "Peter Principle". Take a guy that's a fantastic DC, promote him to a job he's just not competent at, then fire him because he can't perform.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I really don't know bud. Actually, he may just like it. By now I'll bet he's getting pretty tired of the BS he has to put up with as a HC.

He's actually a perfect example of the "Peter Principle". Take a guy that's a fantastic DC, promote him to a job he's just not competent at, then fire him because he can't perform.

Ego aside I don’t know that there will be a far-and-away better personnel opportunity for him as a DC this offseason.  + he seems to speak favorably about Paton. That would be a dream. 

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

Ego aside I don’t know that there will be a far-and-away better personnel opportunity for him as a DC this offseason.  + he seems to speak favorably about Paton. That would be a dream. 

Personal likes or dislikes aside, personnel wise they make a great team. Paton gets him good talent and Vic and his D staff make the most of it. That's a pairing I'd really like to keep together

6 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Is that a real possibility? I know the article mentioned it but why would Vic agree?

Happened before - although through a circular route - with Wade Phillips. Wade said that at a certain point he realised that he was a damned good DC but a sh*te HC - so he was going to stick with what he knew best. 

It's possible Fangio has come to the same realisation and, given his age, he may opt to stay in a place he knows he is doing a good job with the D and he has a lot of his pieces in place - rather than going through the hassle of interviews etc.  In fact I think he could even step up the D further without the distractions of having to be a HC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

We’ll soon find out how good Paton is at this GM business.

Keeping Vic as DC would be amazing, but judging Paton as a good or bad GM on getting a HC to take a unheard of demotion to DC isnt a realistic bar. You cant demerit a GM because he is unable to convince a coach to do something that is unprecedented (more or less). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Keeping Vic as DC would be amazing, but judging Paton as a good or bad GM on getting a HC to take a unheard of demotion to DC isnt a realistic bar. You cant demerit a GM because he is unable to convince a coach to do something that is unprecedented (more or less). 

I agree. There are a lot of important decisions upcoming and most lie squarely with Paton. We all have our opinions re what decisions should be made, some differing…however, we all want sustained success and competitive play for that Lombardi trophy.

4 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I agree. There are a lot of important decisions upcoming and most lie squarely with Paton. We all have our opinions re what decisions should be made, some differing…however, we all want sustained success and competitive play for that Lombardi trophy.

Very fair statement. As to the bolded, I firmly believe Paton wants that too. he also has more football knowledge by far than all of us put together. Lets see how he does and not judge until the product is on the table.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Court case rules against ROFR. The sale can go ahead. 

This was what Ellis referenced when he said at the presser the other day he would wait on the ruling to comment. 

The ruling has been issued. The team can now be sold to anyone. Part of that means that, should say Brittany and her siblings from Pat’s marriage to Annabelle, agree to buy “their” potion (60.8%) of PDB Sports Ltd, the other 39.2% can be sold, with Brittany as controlling owner of the Bowlen family’s 60.8%, but someone else (say Peyton Manning/the Manning Family) can buy the other portion, with a minority stake. 

There are limitless other possibilities, such as the whole thing being sold. 

But this is a HUGE for effecting the eventual sale. 

20 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

This was what Ellis referenced when he said at the presser the other day he would wait on the ruling to comment. 

The ruling has been issued. The team can now be sold to anyone. Part of that means that, should say Brittany and her siblings from Pat’s marriage to Annabelle, agree to buy “their” potion (60.8%) of PDB Sports Ltd, the other 39.2% can be sold, with Brittany as controlling owner of the Bowlen family’s 60.8%, but someone else (say Peyton Manning/the Manning Family) can buy the other portion, with a minority stake. 

There are limitless other possibilities, such as the whole thing being sold. 

But this is a HUGE for effecting the eventual sale. 

I thought woody said something about Elway and Manning buying the 60%? They can't afford that just between the 2 of them can they?