The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

54 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Denver fan John Davis wrote an article posted on 104.3 The Fan about going back to the old uniforms:

https://denverfan.com/2098836/the-idea-of-going-back-to-the-old-broncos-uniforms-is-a-misguided-one/

I agree, but I think the Broncos need new uniforms (with orange helmets). From what I understand, they changed to the current ones in 1997 because Bowlen was thinking about moving the team (before the stadium was official). They did win SB's in them, but they also lost one, and they have had some of their biggest playoff droughts in recent history in those unis as well.

I don’t know if full retro is the way to go but with a new owner and possibly new stadium I’d be shocked if new unit’s weren’t announced for 2023 or 2024.   It’s such a cash cow for teams - and the new owners have zero loyalty to the uni’s.   

If there was a betting prop on it for next year I’d be all over it at +200 odds, and even money for 2024. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 9:39 PM, Zukhyubern said:

Literally a war criminal. I have to suspend overall judgement as a fan but ethically I’m appalled at this new ownership group 🤢 

Correct - lied through her teeth to promote and then defend the war in Iraq.

Ethically - they are billionaires - and you don't become a billionaire (and stay as one) without screwing everyone you come into contact with.

As for being 'the smartest person in the room' - that one is open for debate. Now if it was an award for the biggest shyster in the room then there would definitely be a case.

The media BBQ will be tomorrow, marking the unofficial start of training camp. Since the ownership transition hasn't been formally approved by the league yet, I'm guessing that it will be Joe Ellis serving as the host of the event and taking questions as "owner." I'm sure George will talk too but I'm curious if Ellis will be able to give us any insight as to what the new ownership structure will look like. 

Probably one of the most random instances of two of my favourite sports colliding ...

I imagine his input will be minimal, but I can still say that you will struggle to find an athlete more obsessed with winning than Lewis Hamilton. 

He's also a pioneer in a sport dominated by white males, which I imagine will (rightly) appeal to our players.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

12 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Probably one of the most random instances of two of my favourite sports colliding ...

I imagine his input will be minimal, but I can still say that you will struggle to find an athlete more obsessed with winning than Lewis Hamilton. 

He's also a pioneer in a sport dominated by white males, which I imagine will (rightly) appeal to our players.

Plus he increases our popularity 10x in Europe when we play over there.   Just like how Khan owning JAX has UK behind them every time they play there.   Nice to get a home game when we cross the pond.   Especially as it counts as a road game.   With LAC that’s getting 2 extra home games on the schedule lol. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Plus he increases our popularity 10x in Europe when we play over there.   Just like how Khan owning JAX has UK behind them every time they play there.   Nice to get a home game when we cross the pond.   Especially as it counts as a road game.   With LAC that’s getting 2 extra home games on the schedule lol. 

Hmm. Maybe English supporters. Certainly not Dutch people, I can tell you that much!

Many people find Lewis' personality quite polarising. He has so much support from the F1 community in the UK, but he's not always looked at particularly favourably by (pre-dominantly) right-wing people due to his strong views on climate change, veganism, equality and every other controversial topic that I can't be arsed going in to.

He will definitely have an impact on our appeal from black players because of the amazing work Lewis has done for minorities in the sport (providing he's actually going to be involved at all. He's still competing in F1 right now).

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hmm. Maybe English supporters. Certainly not Dutch people, I can tell you that much!

Many people find Lewis' personality quite polarising. He has so much support from the F1 community in the UK, but he's not always looked at particularly favourably by (pre-dominantly) right-wing people due to his strong views on climate change, veganism, equality and every other controversial topic that I can't be arsed going in to.

He will definitely have an impact on our appeal from black players because of the amazing work Lewis has done for minorities in the sport (providing he's actually going to be involved at all. He's still competing in F1 right now).

Yeah I heard about the dichotomy but that he’s a UK near-god - probably not Europe lol.  As long as we’re playing in London should be all good right? 

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I always thought he was like the Tiger Woods of racing. To be that dominant for that long takes an incredible focus and commitment. I doubt seriously if he'll be involved outside of name recognition.

• 4 weeks later...