The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

I'd be interested to know how the league is viewing this situation?

I imagine they're not particularly fond of what's happening and would like to see a resolution but if they didn't see one coming, could they actually do anything about it? Sure they have their rules about ownership but this seems like a situation that they have to just bide their time on. It's not really their place to intervene I suppose.

Personally I'd just like it to be resolved. That an agreement is made, someone takes ownership and takes the team forward. It isn't helping the Broncos at all that it's dragging on like this. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PFM18 said:

I'd be interested to know how the league is viewing this situation?

I imagine they're not particularly fond of what's happening and would like to see a resolution but if they didn't see one coming, could they actually do anything about it? Sure they have their rules about ownership but this seems like a situation that they have to just bide their time on. It's not really their place to intervene I suppose.

Personally I'd just like it to be resolved. That an agreement is made, someone takes ownership and takes the team forward. It isn't helping the Broncos at all that it's dragging on like this. 

If a team does not have a single, principle owner, the league can fine them $10,000,000 per season that the situation drags out. Knowing that Ellis and Goodell are good friends, I have a feeling there is a handshake agreement of some sort in place for the team to have a principle owner within the next 6 to 8 months, before the 2022 league year begins next March. The question is who will that principle owner be?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

If a team does not have a single, principle owner, the league can fine them $10,000,000 per season that the situation drags out. Knowing that Ellis and Goodell are good friends, I have a feeling there is a handshake agreement of some sort in place for the team to have a principle owner within the next 6 to 8 months, before the 2022 league year begins next March. The question is who will that principle owner be?

See that doesn't really feel like a major punishment to a billion dollar NFL franchise. Sure its a lot of money and would add up over time but the Broncos probably make more than enough to consider that a drop in the ocean.

Hopefully Ellis is trying to have that sorted by that time, but again it doesn't totally feel that its something he can control or decide. 

8 hours ago, PFM18 said:

See that doesn't really feel like a major punishment to a billion dollar NFL franchise. Sure its a lot of money and would add up over time but the Broncos probably make more than enough to consider that a drop in the ocean.

Hopefully Ellis is trying to have that sorted by that time, but again it doesn't totally feel that its something he can control or decide. 

It's enough money to prevent the team from changing the name of the team to the butt lickers 

Klis said on The Fan this morning that May is the drop dead timeline before the NFL seeks payment. 

This will be resolved by then, likely much sooner, the question that remains is, is it Brittany Bowlen or a sale? Did the other 6 capitulate and give Brittany the whole hog or did they agree to take their $500,000,000 each and shut up? We know what Ellis/the Trust prefers, so I’m hoping it’s the latter. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So word on the street Jeff Bezos is interested in buying the team. Im wondering how everyone feels about that. I really dont want to lose the high standard that Bowlen created and that Elway/Ellis tried to keep going. My belief is that if somebody buys a team, I want them to actually be fully invested in the team to that same standard---I not sure Bezos is that guy.