The Broncos Ownership Situation

AnAngryAmerican

40 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

They might be interested but chances are much higher that its some hedge fund guy or someone that no one has really ever heard of. Which honestly I don’t really care who owns the team as long as they give the resources and support the GM and team need. 

Yeah that is really what it all boils down to - just getting someone who isn't a meddler and gives the team all it needs to be successful. Just hopefully it's someone who will bring back a championship culture.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Elway should be part of the ownership group.  He is the Broncos. 

The thing isn’t just him being involved. Essentially, only one person can be a controlling owner, the others are, in effect, silent partners. Obviously there is so leeway, such as when families own teams and children, spouses, parents, etc., have a “seat at the table.” 

I’d love for Elway to have a seat at the table, same with Peyton, I’d more prefer one of them to be the controlling owner. I think the Manning Family, with Peyton the CEO, as controlling owner with Elway owning a share and being COO or some sort (e.g. Elway plays Ellis to Peyton’s Bowlen) would be a great arrangement. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The thing isn’t just him being involved. Essentially, only one person can be a controlling owner, the others are, in effect, silent partners. Obviously there is so leeway, such as when families own teams and children, spouses, parents, etc., have a “seat at the table.” 

I’d love for Elway to have a seat at the table, same with Peyton, I’d more prefer one of them to be the controlling owner. I think the Manning Family, with Peyton the CEO, as controlling owner with Elway owning a share and being COO or some sort (e.g. Elway plays Ellis to Peyton’s Bowlen) would be a great arrangement. 

That would be so ideal... 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What is the net worth requirement for ownership?   Manning family as a whole probably has a net worth of $500 million?   Maybe not quite?

Just curious if they have the juice to do it, as agreed that would be great if it could work

20 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

What is the net worth requirement for ownership?   Manning family as a whole probably has a net worth of $500 million?   Maybe not quite?

Just curious if they have the juice to do it, as agreed that would be great if it could work

The controlling owner must put up a minimum of 10% (I believe) so that's $400m of the estimation $4b sale price. But it's not like you need that amount of cash just sitting in a bank account; investment bankers are willing to loan for something that has the extreme appreciation rate of a NFL franchise.

48 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The controlling owner must put up a minimum of 10% (I believe) so that's $400m of the estimation $4b sale price. But it's not like you need that amount of cash just sitting in a bank account; investment bankers are willing to loan for something that has the extreme appreciation rate of a NFL franchise.

Oh I know that haha (I work in banking 😉) I just didn’t know what the minimums were or if the Manning’s had anything close to the horsepower to pull it off

• Like 1

I sure hope the NFL's prospective owner checks are better than the Premier League over here.

The 'Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund' (aka the actual Sovereign Wealth of Saudi Arabia, worth £350b) has just bought a team here in the Premier League (Newcastle United) as yet a further example of sportswashing from oil states here in the UK. 

Let's just ignore the appalling human rights record of Mohammed bin Salman, who amongst other atrocities, sanctioned the murder (and dismemberment) of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi ... 

A sad, sad, sad day for UK sports. A day of great shame. But, what is perhaps even sadder, is the joy that the majority of Newcastle United fans are taking in the purchase of their club. Their previous owner was 'tight' with his cash and wouldn't buy players necessary to do well in the Premier League.

Now that they have the richest Owner in major sporting history, they are happy. Who cares about what horrific things he's responsible. He's going to sign good players so all is forgiven.

I hate what football has become over here.

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I sure hope the NFL's prospective owner checks are better than the Premier League over here.

The 'Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund' (aka the actual Sovereign Wealth of Saudi Arabia, worth £350b) has just bought a team here in the Premier League (Newcastle United) as yet a further example of sportswashing from oil states here in the UK. 

Let's just ignore the appalling human rights record of Mohammed bin Salman, who amongst other atrocities, sanctioned the murder (and dismemberment) of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi ... 

A sad, sad, sad day for UK sports. A day of great shame. But, what is perhaps even sadder, is the joy that the majority of Newcastle United fans are taking in the purchase of their club. Their previous owner was 'tight' with his cash and wouldn't buy players necessary to do well in the Premier League.

Now that they have the richest Owner in major sporting history, they are happy. Who cares about what horrific things he's responsible. He's going to sign good players so all is forgiven.

I hate what football has become over here.

This is exactly why I can't stand teams like Man City and PSG that CLEARLY break financial fair play rules and they get away with it because they're probably throwing so much money at FIFA as well. It's disgusting. And it also helps prove how overrated Pep is as a manager.