Eagles Weak 13: The Slow Death March to the Top 5

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hurts biggest issue I see so far, unsurprisingly based on scouting reports and data, is having 0 comfort in the pocket. Looks to leave too quick. Watson had this issue too and has figured it out enough to the point he is a top NFL QB so definitely something that can improve as he just gets more snaps.

Yep, but I can't really blame him either behind that o-line and having seen Wentz get sacked like that. 

4 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Wentz is better than Hurts IDGAF what yall say

I mean I think it’s very fair to say Hurts right now is better than Wentz right now. Even after only 3 drives, 1 w/ a pick, offense looked much better w/ Hurts. Maybe a mirage from backups always looking good in relief? We’ll see, but Wentz has been that bad that a project rookie who can run is probably better.

That being said, no QB has ever dropped off like this in their prime. With the investment we have in him and what we know he is capable of, I absolutely want to give him another year, ideally w/ new regime, to see if he is indeed a historical anamoly or just having an inexplicably bad year that he’ll rebound from. If he’s trash to start 2021? Then you put an end to it, use rest of 2021 to determine if Hurts is QBOTF, and cut Wentz in offseason. We’re not contending anytime soon so I do feel like we have time.

The downside of playing Hurts is that if he balls out, which we do ultimately want, we’d end up with a much worse pick AND potentially give Howie a job saving excuse (my roster was good, it was Carson”), which would take away much of the hype. Really sucks being an Eagles fan right now.