Eagles Weak 13: The Slow Death March to the Top 5

EaglesPeteC

So who is calling plays and deciding Howard should be the bell cow over Sanders? 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Does anybody else on here expect anything other than a sack on 3rd downs anymore? Carson just can't handle them man. You can't tell me guys aren't ever open on those downs.

Last 3rd down sack replay, they weren't? You expect different on that one?

4 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

He has been getting picked on but his coverage hasn't been bad on a lot of catches. I think he just needs to be more physical when the ball gets there.

You’re not wrong, but honestly the same could be said for Darby. All last season he’d be within a step of the WRs but just consistently dominated at the 50/50 ball. I don’t know if it’s coaching or in modern NFL you really need size at CB unless you’re Revis-level talent.

Slay is good, but certainly disappointing. You pay a CB that much to be able to slow down top guys and make plays, and he hasn’t been able to do either.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

You’re not wrong, but honestly the same could be said for Darby. All last season he’d be within a step of the WRs but just consistently dominated at the 50/50 ball. I don’t know if it’s coaching or in modern NFL you really need size at CB unless you’re Revis-level talent.

Slay is good, but certainly disappointing. You pay a CB that much to be able to slow down top guys and make plays, and he hasn’t been able to do either.

I feel that Darby got burned on 50/50 balls lot but he also got burnt a lot in general.

Gotta love how on that play action there is one guy to cover but three defenders all have their eyes on Rodgers in the backfield.