Steelers LB Bud Dupree likely tears ACL; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, we'll get to see how good he is with a little more on his shoulders 

Yeah, he's going to get overpaid for sure. Looks like he's made strides just by watching him, but when you have an All Pro on that DL is does so much for the "2nd guy", we see it all the time.

Just look at Dante Fowler (who still has Grady on that DL) after leaving Donald.

Anyone saying his production is because of the talent around him is wrong. He's a talent that makes those around him better just as much as the other way around. He's grown and progressed so much and is a legit great player now. 

The silver lining in this for the Steelers though is we now get to see Highsmith as a starter (hopefully). Depending on how he plays we'll know if we need to push to bring back Dupree or not. Highsmith has looked decent in limited snaps so far so I'm excited to see an expanded role for him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Massive. I assume the writing is on the wall for him to sign elsewhere this offseason? 

Yea, its been the forgone conclusion that we just won't be able to afford to give him the contract that he is going to receive. There's a lot of big names on the defense that need paid more than Bud unfortunately. 

Sucks this is how he goes out. He's been continuously getting better and had really turned things around. Steelers forum was a mess when they picked up his 5th year option. Now he's played himself into a big contract. I just hope he doesn't go the way of LaMarr Woodley and absolutely fall off the face of the earth somewhere else.