Diontae Johnson

mwalker

Diontae's issue is focus imo. He is too worried about rhe play after the catch. He doesn't take enough patience and focus to make the catch first. He had an easy walk in TD, but instead, he dropped rhe pass because he ran right through the pass heading to the endzone, he didn't bother focusing on actually catching the ball.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

I just read that Steeler receivers (WR and TEs) were credited with 17 drops against the Ravens.
Can that be accurate? 

Like this game? Ben only had 15 incomplete passes. 7 drops, probably. 17 drops, no way. 

• Like 1

Personally to have this many I think it shows the physical and mental toll having two games moved, not non-practice bye week (this whining from Ravens fans makes me to punch em in the teeth), and the general lack of concentration. The first two certainly making the last worse. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Diontae's issue is focus imo. He is too worried about rhe play after the catch. He doesn't take enough patience and focus to make the catch first. He had an easy walk in TD, but instead, he dropped rhe pass because he ran right through the pass heading to the endzone, he didn't bother focusing on actually catching the ball.

I definitely agree with this. Seems when he has anytime to think he drops it. But when it’s just a split second he comes up with a great catch. Been far to common, getting pretty tired of it.

Just now, Neumatic said:

I definitely agree with this. Seems when he has anytime to think he drops it. But when it’s just a split second he comes up with a great catch. Been far to common, getting pretty tired of it.

Reminds me some of Mike Wallace’s early days. Give him a deep circus pass ball and he got it. Give him the layup on a slant and it’s a drop. 

We knew what we were getting with Ebron though, he's always been this way. He'll make ridiculous circus catches but drop the most routine stuff. As for Johnson, it's very disappointing. He can be a very talented playmaker if he could just get the drops handled. I was looking for him to make a big step forward this year and he's definitely looked good but between the little injury stuff and now the drops, he seems a little bit unreliable to me. Still plenty of time to turn it around though.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mwalker said:

Way too many drops.
It's starting to get annoying.
He had a TD and a couple big gains, one on a big down.

Ebron too, but he's always dropped more than he should.

Have you watched any of the other games this season?  

Diontae Johnson's great.   

Yeah, he had one bad game.