Week 13 - Rams at Cardinals

RamRod

Hard to believe it's already week 13. 

Well last week was disappointing. Knew it wouldn't be an easy game but still thought it would be a game we'd win.

DeAndre Hopkins vs Jalen Ramsey should be fun. Got a top tier offense vs a top tier defense. 

While the 49ers have had our number, we've had the Cardinals number. Hopefully that doesn't stop this week.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Hard to believe it's already week 13. 

Well last week was disappointing. Knew it wouldn't be an easy game but still thought it would be a game we'd win.

DeAndre Hopkins vs Jalen Ramsey should be fun. Got a top tier offense vs a top tier defense. 

While the 49ers have had our number, we've had the Cardinals number. Hopefully that doesn't stop this week.

Really excited for this one. It'll be nice to finally see who the cards are. Since the Rams have pretty much won convincingly since Mcvay joined, is it safe to say that even a close Rams win says they improved? 

As for the Rams, I really hope they just play bad against the Niners. So now they can go back to normal and win out lol 

Our defense is giving up 5.35 YPC vs opposing QB's. We were able to contain Wentz and Allen, but gave up decent rushing performances to Russ and Daniel Jone.

Our LB's can't keep up with Murray (no one can) so that element scares me. If we take away Hopkins, I think Fitz will have a good game (as he always does vs us). Key to victory is containing Murray and seal the edge. He will likely escape pressure up the middle to the outsides. Chase Edmonds will be somone to watch in the passing game.

Offensively, we want to see more Akers and the Cards are giving up 4.35 YPC to opposing RB's. Also, they are struggling vs Slot WR's this year, so I expect alot out of Kupp.

Rams are (6-0) against the Cards under McVay. Now Im going to give the Cards a little benefit of the doubt starting Sunday because I feel like this is a different team with Hopkins and the way Murray is playing in his 2nd season. I do expect the Rams to win just because I wont believe the Cards will win until I see it. I feel like Goff will bounce back in this game. I hope McVay focus on the run in this game and in particular give the ball to Akers who has shown he deserves more opportunity. All the focus was on Goff struggles and obviously the Rams losing to the Niners but that game couldve been Akers coming out party. He alone gave the Rams offense that spark to help them almost pull that game off towards the end of the 3rd and the 4th quarter. So in the Cards game I want to see McVay give it to Akers more because I think he could be the key if the Rams are going to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

As for the defense, I think they will continue to play well this season. As great as Murray and the Cards offense has been, to me its really Hopkins in the passing and Murray making something happen running the ball. Now I do realize Drake and Edmonds have been good too but Murray being a threat to run makes it alot easier for those backs. This is why the Rams traded for and paid Ramsey. They did to slow or even shutdown Hopkins. I want to see how Murray will do if Hopkins arent dominating. He didnt do well last week because Hopkins was being defended by Gilmore. The Pats played Murray the best Ive seen. So its going to be a fun game I got the Rams winning 27-20.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

There's a little buzz out there that Kyler may be hiding an injury (shoulder). Would be very helpful to us if that were true

If he is then AD and this Rams defense isn’t what he want to see. He suffered the injury in the Seahawks game. He wasn’t the same after he suffered it during that game and in the Pats game. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

There's a little buzz out there that Kyler may be hiding an injury (shoulder). Would be very helpful to us if that were true

His rushing attempts are way down last 2 games. Seems like that is affecting both his willingness to run and Kingsburys willingness to call designed runs. 

On 12/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, StLunatic88 said:

We would still do well even if he’s fully healthy. We seem to have QBs like him and Wilson figured out