Week 13 - Rams at Cardinals

RamRod

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That has always been a dumb narrative. Goff started off great last week and then fell apart. This week, he started off bad and then caught fire. He's a rhythm passer. If he starts well, he often keeps his rhythm. If he starts poorly, he sometimes struggles to find it. But the key for him is getting him into a rhythm. You can do that after a cold start. And he can obviously have his rhythm disrupted after a great start. The reason why we often struggle when Goff looks bad early is because McVay is as guilty as Goff of getting knocked off his game when a defense disrupts his plan early.

He is as starting to get into a rhythm in the Dolphins game. Remember in the 4th quarter he was 9/9 passing and then Everett dropped a key 3rd down. Had he not dropped it the Rams was marching to possibly make it 28-24. But I do agree that the narrative is bad. I thought McVay did a great job getting Goff into a nice rhythm but Goff also made some nice throws too. 

57 minutes ago, Flounch said:

We get a win and immediately, it's because of Goff playing well....not because Mcvay calling a good game and the WR played well. 

This is always the narrative after a Rams win. 

That’s the narrative because that was the talking point all week. You don’t see that?

Mcvay did call a great game aside of a couple plays. Goff played a great game aside of a couple plays. Why can’t it be all of the above?

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, JonStark said:

That’s the narrative because that was the talking point all week. You don’t see that?

Mcvay did call a great game aside of a couple plays. Goff played a great game aside of a couple plays. Why can’t it be all of the above?

Yeah, nobody doubts McVay or the WRs. Nice to see that the same people who crap on Goff at every opportunity are so gracious in giving everybody else the credit when we win and saddling him with all the blame when we lose.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

But I thought if Goff starts off slowly he wont be any good the entire game lol. The narrative will be McVay shows he is a better offensive mind than Kingsbury. It wont be Goff bouncing back looking good. Now Im curious about TNF against the Pats. Thats the game Im like a little worried about the Rams offense not looking so good but the Pats offense isnt good so the Rams could still win like 17-10 and Goff not looking great but the running game carries the way. I hope Im wrong but the Pats game is my concern. The rest of the games Im not concern about the Rams even winning out. 

I dont know why, but I'm not concerned at all about this game. I feel really good about our chances. Of course if Goff doesnt stink it up. Right @jrry32?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I dont know why, but I'm not concerned at all about this game. I feel really good about our chances. Of course if Goff doesnt stink it up. Right @jrry32?

Offensively, the Patriots have little in the way of a passing game. We have the defense to shut them down. Just need the offense and special teams not to do anything colossally stupid.

McVay was driving me insane going for it twice instead of kicking FGs. I’m one of those guys who advocates in taking points above all else, and you can tell the HC was getting a little full of himself, but he switched it up and made better decisions. We left 9 points off the scoreboard between McVay and Gay missing a FG.. I hate missing out on points, and it could’ve been a disaster if the offense didn’t pull itself together. 

Did I mention I can’t stand our STs??? That unit alone almost allowed a momentum shift in Arizona’s favor and cost us the game. We need a new STs coach and returners badly. 

Goff needed to have a game like yesterday  Outside of missing a wide open Kupp, which I’m willing to give him a pass for because it was really hard to tell when Kupp actually got open, and one of my gripes with Goff is him forcing throws when he can take the easy check down ( which he took last night ) so I’m glad he didn’t take a sack there. 

Both RBs found the end zone, and they need to get there more often. I want more creative running plays, it’ll make things easier for our LT (  Goff didn’t get blown up so I’m proud of Noteboom ) 

Great game by Goff. Extremely efficient and made some great throws. Most important number is 0 in the turnover category. Great bounceback game for him.

Controlling the TOP was huge and Akers is pulling away as our lead back as we all hoped, but maybe later then we hoped.

Defense is still the face of this team. Having Ramsey on our team when we play two top 7 WR's 4x per year can't be valued enough. 

And ofcourse, SEA losing was just icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Offensively, the Patriots have little in the way of a passing game. We have the defense to shut them down. Just need the offense and special teams not to do anything colossally stupid.

Honestly, loved the way Goff bounced back. 

my biggest concern is Special teams. Bonemego has to go.  He’s been underwhelmed all season. Dude hasnt done anything impactful all season. 

Only reason we got Matt Gay was because of Johnny Hecker. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

They just played the Chargers in SoFi, I’d imagine they are just staying out here 

It's likely and I honestly didn't pay attention to where that butt kicking happened. In that case we'll get a team that's spent two weeks on the road away from home so that's still an advantage. Either way it's all coming down to McVay and how he responds to BB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

It's likely and I honestly didn't pay attention to where that butt kicking happened. In that case we'll get a team that's spent two weeks on the road away from home so that's still an advantage. Either way it's all coming down to McVay and how he responds to BB. 

Flores is a BB disciple so I wasn't a fan of how McVay responded vs Miami. I think as someone else pointed out that our defense will keep us in the game so I'm not worried about it getting out of hand, but my guess is we will need to get 20 pts to win. With how well their ST played this past week it's a little concerning. 

We get to 20, we win.