How hot is Jack's seat going forward?

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Everyone knows who i want...

Joe Woods is another guy I like.

If we were to get rid of KNJ(hopefully we do), Nick Rapone is my first choice to replace him as DC

You mean the guy who has been a defensive back coach for 15 years and only this year got bumped up to DC for the Donkeys. That would very very ill advised and strange. The 3rd head coach in a row that was just the DC for Denver. Heading to that well too often if you ask the people that didn't like Allen and now don't like JDR.

If we did make a move(which I'm not in favor of) I'd rather go with someone like Bob Sutton, Teryl Austin or George Edwards.

I was never into Denver DCs lol. Maybe JDR can still be a good coach though.....if he has stronger coordinators.  Downing isn't cutting it right now, I'm willing to cut him some slack as a rookie coordinator on an island,.  But he needs to step it up.  I will give him that Penn has not been good though.

Honestly I'm not that disappointed in our defense.  Maybe because I expected them to be horrible to begin with. I mean, everyone knew what would happen with Sean Smith/Reggie Nelson out there against speedy guys like Wallace.  We can't help that Amerson, Obi, and Conley are hurt right now.  Our LBs have been better than expected and are still banged up.. Not sure how much our DCs can do.  Although I tend to lean towards patting Pagano on the back for the improvements...he's added wrinkles that help our defense.  Maybe I'm biased though.

We''re in for it for a while, I think.  Could see JDR getting axed.  Worst case scenario, we rush Carr back this week and he's not effective or gets hurt again.  Then KC mops the floor with us resulting in a tailspin.  Depending on the end result and how we got there, its 50/50 for me with Jack.  We're consistently out coached and it bums me out.  I don't want to squander Mack or Carr's talents.  Mack isn't even signed long term yet.  

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I was never into Denver DCs lol. Maybe JDR can still be a good coach though.....if he has stronger coordinators.  Downing isn't cutting it right now, I'm willing to cut him some slack as a rookie coordinator on an island,.  But he needs to step it up.  I will give him that Penn has not been good though.

Honestly I'm not that disappointed in our defense.  Maybe because I expected them to be horrible to begin with. I mean, everyone knew what would happen with Sean Smith/Reggie Nelson out there against speedy guys like Wallace.  We can't help that Amerson, Obi, and Conley are hurt right now.  Our LBs have been better than expected and are still banged up.. Not sure how much our DCs can do.  Although I tend to lean towards patting Pagano on the back for the improvements...he's added wrinkles that help our defense.  Maybe I'm biased though.

We''re in for it for a while, I think.  Could see JDR getting axed.  Worst case scenario, we rush Carr back this week and he's not effective or gets hurt again.  Then KC mops the floor with us resulting in a tailspin.  Depending on the end result and how we got there, its 50/50 for me with Jack.  We're consistently out coached and it bums me out.  I don't want to squander Mack or Carr's talents.  Mack isn't even signed long term yet.  

If JDR gets axed, I want Bob Sutton from KC, or Jim Schwartz from Philly.

We are in year 3 and the defense is still completely lost so I think its pretty obvious Del Rio will hire a new DC. Pagano will be in the mix but one name to watch is Bucs DC Mike Smith (if he gets fired) That is Del Rio's guy, he wanted him when he first took Raiders job but Smith wanted a year off after getting fired from Atlanta. Things have not gone well in Tampa Bay this season so I wouldn't be surprised if that whole staff is fired, Glazers are like that. Jack's best years in Jacksonville were when Smith was his DC and Dirk Koetter was his OC. I think Downing will be safe though mainly because Carr seems to really like him.

Archived