Week 13 GDT: Raiders (6-5) @ Jets (0-11)

Jerry

40 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Must win game if we're going to try and push for the playoffs. If we lose we should go into full tank mode. 

If we lose this, we are gonna crumble from 6-4 to 7-9 two years in a row. And this time we were actually 6-3.

If we can pull this out, which we should against an 0-11 team for crying out loud, then we're alive and well in the playoff hunt. Still will be difficult though.

The Raiders will win this game. What to watch for is how they win it. 

If they win it decisively, limiting penalties and turnovers we can look at the ATL game as a one off

If they win a sloppy one score game full of penalties, then we should really worry about their chances down the stretch. 

The team has been very sloppy lately with penalties over the last 3 games. We will see if they've refocused and are committed to getting to the playoffs or not this week. 

When you see things like this, it's a bit concerning:

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Raiders will win this game. What to watch for is how they win it. 

If they win it decisively, limiting penalties and turnovers we can look at the ATL game as a one off

If they win a sloppy one score game full of penalties, then we should really worry about their chances down the stretch. 

The team has been very sloppy lately with penalties over the last 3 games. We will see if they've refocused and are committed to getting to the playoffs or not this week. 

When you see things like this, it's a bit concerning:

Who TF doesn't want to be there?  Get them out and IDGAF who it is!  If this was dropped by a player, which it looks like because I can't see a coach saying that, get out that door.  

Edited by Totty

A win is just not gonna be good enough on Sunday. This is a eye test game this is a game if you win and you barely win its not gonna make you feel good especially after that embarrassment against the Falcons. Win by double digits or this is a bad look. This should be a @ss whoopin from the start, but this Raider team never fails to surprise us. 

I don't really want to think about what could happen if they actually lose this game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

A win is just not gonna be good enough on Sunday. This is a eye test game this is a game if you win and you barely win its not gonna make you feel good especially after that embarrassment against the Falcons. Win by double digits or this is a bad look. This should be a @ss whoopin from the start, but this Raider team never fails to surprise us. 

I don't really want to think about what could happen if they actually lose this game.

Agreed I also think your still going to get a max effort from the Jets to get that 1st win. When’s the last time Raiders won in New York ? 

I'm hoping we establish the ground game early and often.  I want to see all three RBs have some carries.  Keep the load light for Jacobs.  Just get into the groove of our offense grinding out long drives.  Hopefully we don't allow the Jets to try and game plan the way the Falcons did against us.  I read the weather should be around 45 degrees with mild winds.  Best thing we can do is revert back to our play style at the beginning of the style and keep the passes short and the run game consistent.  Derek Carr has been trying to air it out recently and with Brandon Parker playing RT and our line allowing pressure the way it did last week, we need to get back to our bread and butter plays.  I don't think we lose.  I think we play well enough to grab ourselves a win that shows we are a legit playoff contender.  It won't be a full blown stomping, but it'll be a show of strength.  31-16 Raiders.

Don't really care how close the score is. We've proven we play to the level of our competition sans the Broncos game. I'm not expecting some dominant showing because in honesty we're not that good of a team. But lose this game and it proves we are the same mediocre fraud team from last year with minimal improvement and it puts real pressure on the Gruden/Carr duo.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Don't really care how close the score is. We've proven we play to the level of our competition sans the Broncos game. I'm not expecting some dominant showing because in honesty we're not that good of a team. But lose this game and it proves we are the same mediocre fraud team from last year with minimal improvement and it puts real pressure on the Gruden/Carr duo.

If they played every game like they did against KC, this team could have gone 15-1. Highly unlikely though.

8 hours ago, Totty said:

Who TF doesn't want to be there?  Get them out and IDGAF who it is!  If this was dropped by a player, which it looks like because I can't see a coach saying that, get out that door.  

The quote was apparently from Ingold. He's all in obviously. I think it speaks to the locker room as a whole.

Bottom line, the Raiders need a front 7 player who commands respect and can lead. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1