Week 13 GDT: Raiders (6-5) @ Jets (0-11)

Jerry

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The quote was apparently from Ingold. He's all in obviously. I think it speaks to the locker room as a whole.

Bottom line, the Raiders need a front 7 player who commands respect and can lead. 

Yeah I hope he calls them out.  Also, I couldn't agree more.  The only one that other coaches notice in our front 7 is NK44.  He's good not great.  Between where we're picking and how we draft... We'll be lucky to find him in this draft.  

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Raiders will win this game. What to watch for is how they win it. 

If they win it decisively, limiting penalties and turnovers we can look at the ATL game as a one off

If they win a sloppy one score game full of penalties, then we should really worry about their chances down the stretch. 

The team has been very sloppy lately with penalties over the last 3 games. We will see if they've refocused and are committed to getting to the playoffs or not this week. 

When you see things like this, it's a bit concerning:

Hmmmm who on the roster wouldn’t be committed or is unhappy?

not committed: Trent, Collins 

not happy: ruggs

first names that come to mind

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The quote was apparently from Ingold. He's all in obviously. I think it speaks to the locker room as a whole.

Bottom line, the Raiders need a front 7 player who commands respect and can lead. 

Honestly I like cle’s leadership traits he’s been missed the last few weeks 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darbsk said:

We can't lose this game can we????? This team makes me so nervous 😁😁

Makes you nervous.  I have to sedate myself during the game.  Last Sunday I was drinking by 11:00 a.m. during the Falcons game and I never drink alcohol before 5:00 p.m.  Very depressing.

• Like 2

This might be the homer in me but I think this is the game Ruggs breaks out. Would be a perfect game to try and hit a few deep shots and develop the trust Carr needs to have in Ruggs. If it happens our offense should take a huge step forward. 

• Like 1

Should be an easy game for you guys. Get Carr back on track. Our rush D is the only positive to our team. So Jacobs cant win it for you really. Buy Carr, Waller, Agholor and Ruggs certainly can torch our secondary that's beat up and young.

Just do the right thing and support the Tank for TLaw push ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Should be an easy game for you guys. Get Carr back on track. Our rush D is the only positive to our team. So Jacobs cant win it for you really. Buy Carr, Waller, Agholor and Ruggs certainly can torch our secondary that's beat up and young.

Just do the right thing and support the Tank for TLaw push ;)

Nothing is ever easy for the Silver and Black!!!! We always seem to like making it exciting. How have Becton, Ashtyn Davis and Mims been playing for you guys, really like those picks but only seen the Jets play a couple times this year and i think they've been struggling with injuries a little?

41 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Nothing is ever easy for the Silver and Black!!!! We always seem to like making it exciting. How have Becton, Ashtyn Davis and Mims been playing for you guys, really like those picks but only seen the Jets play a couple times this year and i think they've been struggling with injuries a little?

Becton has been unbelievable. There has been no rawness to his game. Already a top tier LT as a rookie.

Mims is incredible as well. He had a late start to his season bc of both hamstrings of his acting up. So he's only played the last 5 games. And he in all honesty looks great. The issue is that we just aren't getting him targets nearly enough. He should be getting 10 targets a game the way he's been playing. His hands have been incredible and the way he goes up and gets the ball is great. 50/50 balls aren't 50/50 balls with him. They're like 80/20. Hopefully he can finish the year strong and show he can he a top option for us at WR going ahead.

Davis has been good. He didn't hit the ground running like Becton and even Mims when he was healthy. He has had some adjusting to do. Our CB play is just awful right now. We have what was supposed to be our 3 starters all out (Desir:cut, Austin:IR, Poole:IR). So we are starting 2 rookies in Hall and Jackson at CB and a guy pretty much off the street as the slot CB. So it's been hard for the S's in Maye and Davis to say the least. But the kid has talent. And it shows. I think he will be a good safety for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

yikes..

Ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Literally the epitome of playing down to our competition.  Gruden should shut off the news and tell the Raiders they're playing the undefeated Steelers.  We'd probably go out there and light them up for 50.

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Literally the epitome of playing down to our competition.  Gruden should shut off the news and tell the Raiders they're playing the undefeated Steelers.  We'd probably go out there and light them up for 50.

Or maybe just tell carr to try not have the worst performance of his career this time around. 1 td and 7 to’s for carr in 3 games vs “lesser” comp damn