What was I thinking?

Phinsesq

What are some of your big regrets on roster moves?

For me I drafted Wentz (I know)

I had picked up Justin Herbert on the waiver wire and cut him after week 3 where he was pedestrian thinking Stafford was going to be the answer. 

Now as I possibly limp into the playoffs I have to ask myself "What was I thinking?"

• Like 1

Let's see, I have a laundry list.

-Taking Kenyan Drake on the 12/13 turn rather than taking Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, Nuk, Mahomes, Jacobs. Took Ekeler at 12 and I was fine there, just got derailed by an injury. Not a TERRIBLE pick but his terrible start lead to terrible decisions lol.
-Chose Courtland Sutton and DJ Moore on the 3/4 turn over Allen Robinson, Robert Woods, Tyler Lockett, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown, Cooper Kupp, Stefon Diggs, Terry McLaurin and DK Metcalf
-Jarvis Landry 6th round to fill my WR3 spot over Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, Will Fuller and DeVante Parker. Luckily I landed Aaron Rodgers in the 8th round to make up for the QB mishap. 
-Christian Kirk 7th round as WR4 for depth purposes. I really crapped the bed at WR this draft and that ruined my entire season as my WR group was brutally bad all year. I posted the numbers in another thread about how bad they were.
-Dropping Brandon Aiyuk and Damien Harris prematurely. Did get Chase Claypool for Aiyuk but then made the mistake of dropping Claypool RIGHT before he snapped for a need play in Russell Gage vs the Packers and he did jack squat. Also dropped Mike Williams right before he went off for 29 fantasy points.

Then there's the trade I made that almost immediately got screwed by injuries.

-Traded Kenyan Drake and DJ Moore for Joe Mixon and Sammy Watkins. Got a combined 2.5 games out of Mixon/Watkins while Drake and Moore started finding the end zone lol. Did win my Thielen/Goedert for Waller/Fulgham trade tho but, by then, it was way too late to matter.

Thing that sucks is there are only two teams in my league that are better than 7-5. We have one 7-5 team, five 6-6 teams and one 5-7 team that are all competing for the playoffs. I made bad lineup choices three straight weeks that lead directly to losses. Just a painful year for me all around lol. I've had several in-game RB injuries that resulted in 2 or less points from the position in losses that were single digits. Just not my year. I better not get screwed over in Basketball otherwise I may be done with Fantasy sports all together lol.

Edited by beekay414

15 hours ago, N4L said:

I basically flipped a coin between Dk Metcalf and DJ chark. I thought the jags would be losing a lot and that the hawks were a running team - OUCH

That is a tough break but since you flipped a coin I think you get to technically blame the universe for that one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 7:08 AM, Phinsesq said:

I had picked up Justin Herbert on the waiver wire and cut him after week 3 where he was pedestrian thinking Stafford was going to be the answer. 

Now as I possibly limp into the playoffs I have to ask myself "What was I thinking?"

Biggest regrets:

• Drafting Mixon in 2/3 leagues (Even at the time, I hated myself for doing it)
  • I had a trade setup that would have dealt Golladay for Josh Allen and I changed my mind at the last minute.  This is even worse because I had the best wideout corp by a good margin without Golladay.  
  • Ignored the Packers - Wentz over Rodgers, Drake over Jones, Sanders over Jones.  
  • Decided to not waiver Justin Jefferies. 
  • Dropped Irv Smith on Friday (week 16)

On 12/3/2020 at 10:08 AM, Phinsesq said:

I had no idea what was going on with  the Dolphin's offense. I have Gaskins but heard he would be splitting snaps with Salvon Ahmed. I have Bowden but was not sure if the other starting wideouts would be playing. Decided I would not play either and just put Rashard Higgins in the flex. Found out at the last minute he might not playing due to covid so decided to put Gaskins in the flex. I checked about a half an hour before the Dolphins game started saw that Devante Parker was not playing which opened up things for Bowden so benched Gaskins and put Bowden in the  flex. Gaskins goes off Bowden does next to nothing.

That being said, I am only 10 points behind the third place team and they played everyone in their line up. I am only 20 points behind the 2nd place team and they only have the Bills defense. I am 31 points behind the 1st place team and they played everyone in their line up. 

I have Josh Allen so still have a chance of doing well. 

Edited by Go_Giants

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

I had no idea what was going on with  the Dolphin's offense. I have Gaskins but heard he would be splitting snaps with Salvon Ahmed. I have Bowden but was not sure if the other starting wideouts would be playing. Decided I would not play either and just put Rashard Higgins in the flex spot. Found out at the last minute he might not playing due to covid so decided to put Gaskins in the flex spot. I checked about a half an hour before the Dolphins game started saw that Devante Parker was not playing which opened up things for Bowden so benched Gaskins and put Bowden in the slot. Gaskins goes off Bowden does next to nothing.

That being said, I am only 10 points behind the third place team and they played everyone in their line up. I am only 20 points behind the 2nd place team and they only have the Bills defense. I am 31 points behind the 1st place team and they played everyone in their line up. 

I have Josh Allen so still have a chance of doing well. 

Ouch that is a tough swing on Bowden for Gaskins, I started Bowden in the flex as well, luckily I have Kamara who went off.