2020 GDT Week #13 Steelers vs.Football Team

Steeler Hitman

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is obviously correct, but I just get the feeling Tomlin doesn’t think coaching is a major part of our problem. That’s a scary thought if so. 

Tomlins not one to give a quote. Not sure why a statement like that bothers anyone. 

Steelers on 4 Days Rest. Football Team on 11 Days Rest. Steelers lost key players to injuries from fatigue in the game. That said, it's an NFC loss so that's alright in that they still retain the #1 seed. Also gets the 16-0 monkey off their back so now the team can just get back to how they were playing when they were having fun. It's funny how no one will mention or feel bad for the team for not having Pouncey or Connor due to COVID. No one will care about the rest disparity. No one will care about  WFT being gifted 3 points at the end of the half. They'll just hate on Pittsburgh because at the end of the day their franchise hasn't been successful and they're scared that this Pittsburgh team can realistically win a 7th Lombardi.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Tomlins not one to give a quote. Not sure why a statement like that bothers anyone. 

He doesn’t need to give a quote. He doesn’t need to fire anyone in a press conference. But his pressers only ever seem to allude to player issues. 

You get a good feeling about anything changing? We see the same, simple problems happen with playcalling and game concepts over and over again. The answer is only ever “players execution” to the public and repeatedly week in and week out that seems to be the only thing they believe needs to be changed. 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

He doesn’t need to give a quote. He doesn’t need to fire anyone in a press conference. But his pressers only ever seem to allude to player issues. 

You get a good feeling about anything changing? We see the same, simple problems happen with playcalling and game concepts over and over again. The answer is only ever “players execution” to the public and repeatedly week in and week out that seems to be the only thing they believe needs to be changed. 

I have no problems with him saying that.  Who cares.  Handle things in house.  Why does the world need to know what you do in house?

41 minutes ago, August4th said:

we rarely see guys running wide open in this offense. Juju TD against hou is the only one I can remember. our OC can never put together a play that breaks the defense, despite having tools to work with. I seriously doubt Randy would be coaching OC in the NFL if not for Ben

exactly, thank ben

38 minutes ago, August4th said:

would be cool if our coaches studied the niners run blocking scheme

need a QB that will "allow" this first then OL that like to run block. Not close to that with this team

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

tomlin is too loyal to his coordinators. I would fire Randy and promote Canada right now  

good start, but ben wouldn't want that

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

This is obviously correct, but I just get the feeling Tomlin doesn’t think coaching is a major part of our problem. That’s a scary thought if so. 

maybe ben runs the team and tomlin has to go along with it? I don't know what to make of a team that won't run the ball, just hopeless if that is to continue. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Woof.  Dean Blandino and Mike Perira are RIPPING the refs from our game right now on the k-ball fiasco, missed late hits on Bostic, missed false start, multiple pick plays by WFT.

and we are ripping our OC for much better reasons. I get it, the refs missed a few, but they aren't as bad a the fichner/ben  faults of the game.  The league is a mockery when they are always attacking the refs too, eventually a group of refs will intentionally ruin a game that is important  just for a good time

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Handle things in house.

You comfortable thinkin it’s handled I’m house when we don’t actually see changes week in and week out and the pass catcher who’s snaps suffered this week wasn’t one of the guys with 3+ drops in two straight? 

How is it “handle it in house” when he is literally calling out the players about execution. It’s not killing people to say we need to coach better too. 

When nothing changes and the only comments we get (since I’m not in house) are about players....yeah, I get concerned the coaching isn’t considered part of the issue. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

You comfortable thinkin it’s handled I’m house when we don’t actually see changes week in and week out and the pass catcher who’s snaps suffered this week wasn’t one of the guys with 3+ drops in two straight? 

How is it “handle it in house” when he is literally calling out the players about execution. It’s not killing people to say we need to coach better too. 

When nothing changes and the only comments we get (since I’m not in house) are about players....yeah, I get concerned the coaching isn’t considered part of the issue. 

I'm comfortable thinking I don't need to see some type of headline making quote from our head coach.  I don't get why you need that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'm comfortable thinking I don't need to see some type of headline making quote from our head coach.  I don't get why you need that.

I’m not asking for a headline. I’m asking to acknowledge that coaching is a part of it - as ive said, we only seem to get players in pressers. “We need to execute and we need to put players in a more advantageous position to execute.”

Goodness the headlines! Randy would run to the hills with that verbal lashing! 

Edited by Dcash4

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I have no problems with him saying that.  Who cares.  Handle things in house.  Why does the world need to know what you do in house?

What does Tomlin do "in house" to correct these issues, exactly?

We have the same exact issues every ******* year under him.    

No, he doesn't have to lay everything out to the media...but lets not act like he handles some of these problems...at all, really.