RG Brandon Brooks 

RT Lane Johnson 

DE Brandon Graham 

DT Fletcher Cox

CB Darius Slay

Free Agency

S Keanu Neal 1 year contract

LB Hassan Reddick 1 year contract 

Both come in on prove it deals after not lighting the world on fire in their rookie deals. In Neal's case it was injury related, and Reddick has shown flashes but been inconsistent. Neal competes with K'Von Wallace as the rover safety in Quinn's system, and Reddick comes in to play the Bruce Irvin hybrid/rush LB role on the strong side.

Trade

TE Zach Ertz to the Green Bay Packers for the 61st pick

The Packers reportedly made an offer for Ertz before he was put on IR, and are gearing up for a last hurrah with Rodgers. After a few teams jump in with mid 3rd rounders the Pack offer a 2 to get it done. The Eagles move away from the excess of 12 personnel, and move to the future with a Goedert.

Eagles trade 2 compensatory 6th round picks to Baltimore for RB Gus Edwards

Edwards is a RFA, but I he signs a QO and is traded. The Ravens get more touches for Dobbins and Ingram, and we get a power compliment to Sanders for Smith's run heavy, play action offensive attack.

Draft

1 6 WR Jamar Chase WR LSU

This pick comes down to Chase and Parsons, and given the money invested in Wentz, you have to do your best to get the most talent around him, which is something the previous regime failed at spectacularly. We all know how good chase is, and all 3 top receivers he, Fulgham, and Reagor, have versatility in where they can line up. Chase, Fullgham, Regor, Hightower, Goedert, Sanders, and Edwards provide Wentz with probably the most talented and versatile group of weapons since the Shady, Jackson, Maclin, Celek days.

2 38 OT/G Alex Leatherwood Alabama

Some of you may not think Leatherwood will be here, and this could be another OT, but this is the best OT class in some time, and a first round talent may very well be available given the talent at the position. Leatherwood can play guard or tackle, and has the ability to play 4 out of 5 spots along the OL. Best case scenario he's our long term left tackle, but if not he's a guy who can play LG, RG if Brooks struggles upon returning, or be the long term replacement for Lane. Lack of OL depth killed us, and this pick adds a potential stud at multiple positions.

2 61 S Andre Cisco Syracuse

Cisco is a ball hawking safety who will likely play understudy to Rodney McLeod for a year in Dan Quinn's system as the single high safety (think Earl Thomas), while Neal and Wallace compete for that Rover S spot (Kam Chancellor). Cisco is an absolute ball hawk, picking off 12 passes and deflecting another 14. He had another interception in 2 games before getting injured and the injury, along with a solid safety class cause him to slip. With that said we get a talented ball hawk as our future free safety, good move.

3 70 LB Jabril Cox LSU

3 SEC guys in 4 picks should tell you how different this regime is. Cox dominated at North Dakota before transferring to LSU, and has been a playmaker for the LSU defense, and been named finalist for the Butkus award. He comes in to be a playmaking outside backer, in similar defenses coached by Quinn think KJ Wright or Deion Jones. I flirted with taking Nick Bolton at 38, but the top OL will be BPA at that point. Cox isn't a bad consolation prize however, and gives

5 132 C Alec Lindstrom Boston College

5 134 CB Keith Taylor Washington

6 166 CB Elijah Blades Texas A&M

7 198 DT Mustafa Johnson Colorado

The rest of the draft adds a potential replacement for Kelce in Lindstrom, long, athletic corners who fit the mold for the cover 3 looks Quinn is known for, and depth along the interior line. In the UDFA market we look at TE, OL, WR, DL heavily.

Going into training camp the skill positions are locked in, the main battles for starting jobs along the left side. At Left Tackle Jordan Mailata is likely the favorite, but will facecompetiton from rookie Alex Leatherwood and Andre Dillard. In addition, Leatherwood would be given looks at LG where Seumalo has been largely average over his career.

On defense the DL will continue to rotate, although I could see Fletcher get some looks at DE in obvious running downs. Singleton and Edwards will compete with Cox and Reddick for 3 spots at LB, and hopefully one of those rookie 6th rounders can play enough to force Maddox inside. The system doesn't necessarily play to Slay's strengths in man, but I could see Quinn run zone blitzes wuthering Slayb on a man island, much like JJ did with Sheldon Brown.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Does Ertz have any value at this point? Let alone, 2nd round value? Also, why does everyone want Riddick to be hired as the GM? What inspires hope that he will do a good job? 

He has to have some value, but I’d imagine we’re looking at a 4th at best UNLESS he balls out these last few weeks. 

Hating this team is my bit, get your own...lol

The free agency is well, this teams' cap situation is so complex, I don't know what is going to happen with it. I don't see them really bringing in anyone significant in FA. I think more people will need to get traded or cut IMO. Cox was just restructured and something for sure has to be done about Barnett's 10 million cap hit, cut, traded or extended. 

Any draft that starts with Ja'Marr Chase is good by me

Slow down...breathe. 

I'm personally not big on drafting a player top 10 who sat for a year. yeah yeah COVID, he sat with no football. 

New HC rolling with Carson? Ok.  

I say let's see how the college QB's shake out draft wise, we maybe able to trade down Only Miami, NE and Balt have real WR needs in the top 2/3rds of the draft IMO. 

I think Carson needs route runners IMO we've only seen a 4 game stretch with Fulgham where Carson throws to WRs who are tightly covered. Which brings me to my next point. 

Watching Chase from 2019, you can critique a lot more because you seen the positives and no new tape to counter. Not a route runner, schemed open, more of a YAC guy. SEC and Clemson CBs were overrated.  He's not 225lb sub 4.5 AJ Brown, he may not be bigger or faster than Terry McLaurin 6' 210. 

There are players who opt'd back in and didn't play well. Bateman 5 games ~450 yds, 2 TDs, same QB...Chase lost his Heisman QB. 

I think the need pushes up his value.