2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Schwartz also released and supposedly may retire.

Does that put KC in the hunt to sign Trent? 

Maybe? The Chiefs are currently a little over $4 mil over the cap, so they will need to clear a ton of space to get Williams, another tackle, fill other holes, and have money saved for the draft class. 

It seems unlikely, but who knows. The NFL is wild right now.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Schwartz also released and supposedly may retire.

Does that put KC in the hunt to sign Trent? 

I wouldn't completely rule them out, but that's going to be quite an uphill battle for them. I don't think that its necessary for them to have a guy like Trent anyway. They drafted Lucas Niang a couple of years ago who they were high on. I'm thinking that they grab guys like Daryl Williams of Villaneuva or someone like that

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't completely rule them out, but that's going to be quite an uphill battle for them. I don't think that its necessary for them to have a guy like Trent anyway. They drafted Lucas Niang a couple of years ago who they were high on. I'm thinking that they grab guys like Daryl Williams of Villaneuva or someone like that

I'm still fuming we didn't find a way to keep Williams around. Thought he had potential.

Edited by 757-NINER

Maiocco on his latest podcast says he thinks we'll keep Williams. In fact, analysing Williams comments on Richard Sherman podcast, he believes "its all but a done deal". 

If we keep Williams, do we still go OL in the 1st? 

Edited by 49ersfan

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Maiocco on his latest podcast says he thinks we'll keep Williams. In fact, analysing Williams comments on Richard Sherman podcast, he believes "its all but a done deal". 

If Slater is available? Yes!!!

But I mean if we re-sign Williams then you all options are open. 

Edge, CB, OL etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I think if Slater drops, they still take him. Otherwise, I think they go corner, edge, maybe Jones if he’s there. But I would hate that. 

Kyle Pitts is the most intriguing, but borderline  most idiotic move we could make. 

imagine Kittle and Pitts ravaging the seams while Aiyuk and Deebo have single coverage. 

• Like 1

If we have Trent back, I feel like Slater probably not going to be a real option for us. My gut says that we intend to pick up McG's option (10.8M not a huge deal), and I Don't think Shanny is going to value having Slater as a guard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we have Trent back, I feel like Slater probably not going to be a real option for us. My gut says that we intend to pick up McG's option (10.8M not a huge deal), and I Don't think Shanny is going to value having Slater as a guard. 

Call me crazy but I'd rather take a chance on Slater and have a dirt cheap option@LT over resigning Williams. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Call me crazy but I'd rather take a chance on Slater and have a dirt cheap option@LT over resigning Williams. 

That's fine, but you better use that money you are saving by going after Linsley or a top edge rusher. 

Personally? Our OL is so bad at pass protection, I'm re-signing Trent period. Even if we end up going with a rookie QB this year or next year or somehow trade for Watson, I want Trent back there protecting them. If it is Jimmy, then we need Trent there trying to keep him clean. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The biggest issue for me would typically be his age. I don't mind paying an elite LT...it's the second hardest thing to find next to QB (and only 18 LTs have changed team through FA since 2014, so you're avenue for acquiring them is basically draft and that's it...and let's be real,  you know most of those who did change team were not good...and that's compared to over 40 right tackles changing teams via FA through the same time period). Trent seems like one of those special HOF type talents to me, so I think he'll age well enough to be okay with signing