2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, JIllg said:

I mean, the Ford deal was a bad bet on his health. It also led to a (temporary) best DVOA pass defense of all time when he was on the field. There were some beautiful Ford defense moments. The move was a bad bet - the second round pick was really not bright either - but the moments of defensive beauty were what I was referencing. :)

Absolutely. When Ford and Bosa were on the field together our pass rush was fantastic (granted we also had DeFo 😪 ). I was hoping we'd sign Preston Smith that offseason, which still would have been a better route to take than giving up our 2 and paying Ford all that money, but it was hard to argue with the move when Ford was on the field. The right move would probably have been to sign Zadarius Smith, but what's a person to do? We can't go back and do it again. 

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Bleh

Welp, I would take Reddick opposite Bosa over an often injured Dee Ford. Reddick, Kinlaw, Armstead, and Bosa looks pretty good on paper. I can only imagine what Kocurek could get outta Reddick.

I know he is somewhat of a 1-year wonder, but they also just started utilizing him correctly

In all, I am just glad we are looking for some better play at EDGE at this point.

I am hoping for Carl Lawson

Edited by P_locniners

Just now, Forge said:

Yep. You should be supplementing and buying low on FA....not buying guys at their peak values. 

And he got a crapton of those sacks against Andrew Thomas one on one and just about all facing no help/shifts and with QBs drifting his way because Chandler Jones. It's like paying Leonard Floyd for the sacks Aaron Donald gets him (or, more directly - like Atlanta paying Fowler for the sacks largely generated by Donald and pursuit and OL negligence rather than Fowler beating tackles).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

It amazes me how bad we do in FA. 

I said it yesterday in the juice thread, it makes sense that we used to have to overpay everyone when we were considered a trash franchise. Now? We shouldn't need to make guys like Kwon Alexander the highest paid off ball LB of all time .... 

• Like 2