2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

14 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

To be fair to Reddick he played off ball linebacker for his first 3 years. Last year was his first at edge but still a huge question mark for a guy we probably can't afford. 

I was going to say the same. He wasn't a true EDGE until this year. The Cardinals spent his first 3 years confused on how to maximize his talent. They just now figured it out. 

With that said, I do worry about walk-year warriors and Reddick looks like that from a 1000-ft. view. 

As much as it might suck to lose a bunch of people in FA, the value for a tackle at 12 is pretty great. Slater, Darrisaw and Cosmi is a pretty good way to reload. 

part of me is ok with getting a bunch of money freed up this off-season, especially since I don’t think we’re competing next year. Playoffs, yes, but not convinced our defense improves, or even stay the course they did last year. 

26 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Looks like we are bargain binning the center spot but then again panthers game him alot of money.

I am not understanding why we arent going straight to Alex Mack at this point, 1-2 year stop gap that knows the system and may feel rejuvinated after leaving ATL. Seems like a no-brainer......but I guess not

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. You should be supplementing and buying low on FA....not buying guys at their peak values. 

I do agree. However I've been asking for a speed rusher opposite Bosa and I do like Reddick for this scheme so if we overpay (which we always do) I won't be too upset.

I don't mind the occasional overpayi if we're plugging holes. I do mind when we're just being stupid like the Juice deal or overpaying for oft injured players who availability is always in question, i.e. Ford & Kwon.

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I am not understanding why we arent going straight to Alex Mack at this point, 1-2 year stop gap that knows the system and may feel rejuvinated after leaving ATL. Seems like a no-brainer......but I guess not

He might be retiring. Something I’ve read online or heard somewhere? Which makes sense for him and also as to why it might be slower news.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Trent Williams signs with the chiefs I'm going to be sad lol 🤣 how can we not match what they offer.

It depends on what the offer is. If we're coming in at $20 mil and the Chiefs come in at $23, I think you at least match. If Williams keeps driving the price higher, I'd be a little concerned at that point. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If Trent Williams signs with the chiefs I'm going to be sad lol 🤣 how can we not match what they offer.

I can't help but hate the Chiefs for what they did to us in the Superbowl, although I hate Baltimore even more, but this would definitely not help their case in my eyes. Hell, I was rooting for Tom Brady to win the last Super Bowl. 

• Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

It depends on what the offer is. If we're coming in at $20 mil and the Chiefs come in at $23, I think you at least match. If Williams keeps driving the price higher, I'd be a little concerned at that point. 

I can't imagine the chiefs can afford to go whole lot more then us. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

I can't help but hate the Chiefs for what they did to us in the Superbowl, although I hate Baltimore even more, but this would definitely not help their case in my eyes. Hell, I was rooting for Tom Brady to win the last Super Bowl. 

I feel the same way.