2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can scrap those plans lol.

Mack attack it is! 

Yeah, this seemed like one of those FA inquiries this regime is known for. In on a lot of big names, but it seems like it's really just kicking tires. Hey, at least he didnt go to the Cardinals. 

I would be happy if we could grab Mack and sign Trent back

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

??? huh

I don't know how good he is play to play....but the numbers aren't awful. The tricky part is what does it mean when you're on the same defense as Aaron Donald lol. I feel like I'd rather do this than pay like 10 million for Reddick though. Asking Jrry for his thoughts 

On the surface, I'm kind of into it. Never been hurt. Decent counting stats in limited snaps. Seems like a guy you'd bring in on obvious passing downs, get 5-6 sacks from, and there you go. Maybe there's a little more upside, but he seems like this year's Hyder / Blair (though not similar in their style / size / type) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know how good he is play to play....but the numbers aren't awful. The tricky part is what does it mean when you're on the same defense as Aaron Donald lol. I feel like I'd rather do this than pay like 10 million for Reddick though. Asking Jrry for his thoughts 

Well, he'll be on the same defense as Nick Bosa, so it evens out!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Hmmmm....for playing in a defense that benefits from Aaron Donald, this seems like money that could have been better spent elsewhere. I dont see the logic in this when there is a Carl Lawson or Kerry Hyder out there that we could have thrown this money at.

Just now, P_locniners said:

Hmmmm....for playing in a defense that benefits from Aaron Donald, this seems like money that could have been better spent elsewhere. I dont see the logic in this when there is a Carl Lawson or Kerry Hyder out there that we could have thrown this money at.

I think Carl Lawson will cost 10+ so Ebukam is around half the price. I have no idea what Hyder's value is. 

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

I don't think that we were ever serious players in the Lawson, Okwara type guys. I wouldn't be surprised if this deal is really like 1 year 3-4 million or something. 

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

I think Carl Lawson will cost 10+ so Ebukam is around half the price. I have no idea what Hyder's value is. 

Sorry, I didnt mean to suggest that was Lawsons price, more along the lines of ' that was money that could be included..", if that makes sense

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I expect Saleh/Jets to throw more money@Hyder than we can afford. I think its a no-brainer.

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I expect Saleh/Jets to throw more money@Hyder than we can afford. I think its a no-brainer.

I could definitely see that. I know Hyder was very much a Kocurek guy, but he certainly seemed to impress Saleh in their time here together. I know Saleh really likes Ronnie Blair and I expected him to go to NY, but he may not be healthy if we just outright released him at this point (I thought he was scheduled to be a FA anyway, so that was a bit confusing to me). 

Rams fans chiming in for me. Underwhelming performer, but can show up with some monster games, Jrry says he's a good special teams player (shouldn't be overlooked). This seems about right if this is 1 year, 3-4 million type contract. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I could definitely see that. I know Hyder was very much a Kocurek guy, but he certainly seemed to impress Saleh in their time here together. I know Saleh really likes Ronnie Blair and I expected him to go to NY, but he may not be healthy if we just outright released him at this point (I thought he was scheduled to be a FA anyway, so that was a bit confusing to me). 

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Blair came back. He's just not ready now, and the team just couldn't commit to him, but when he gets healthy, he'll start working out for teams, and I'm sure it wasn't just Saleh who liked him on the staff. He has always been a coach's favorite.