2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, GW21 said:

Not surprised that KB is getting bigger offers elsewhere. Bummer that he won't be returning, but not a back breaker by any means. 

Yeah, he's a 3/4, not a 2/3. If he were a 2/3, I'd be more bummed and inclined to want to go after him. He's a situational monster...sort of like a platoon player in baseball. 

Just now, GW21 said:

Not surprised that KB is getting bigger offers elsewhere. Bummer that he won't be returning, but not a back breaker by any means. 

WIth the way college is pumping out WR's i have a hard time paying any receiver that doesn't bring anything truely special.

• Like 2

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

So far I'm happy with how this FA has worked out but we need to sign Trent and figure out center. 

Or guard, really. Brunskill was pretty decent at center and it's the position the coaching staff values more highly and needs more continuity with. I wouldn't mind getting a 3d/4th round guard to fill out that position room (and push McKivitz off the RG spot). 

Just now, JIllg said:

Or guard, really. Brunskill was pretty decent at center and it's the position the coaching staff values more highly and needs more continuity with. I wouldn't mind getting a 3d/4th round guard to fill out that position room (and push McKivitz off the RG spot). 

I agree brunskill shouldn't have the job locked. 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

So far I'm happy with how this FA has worked out but we need to sign Trent and figure out center. 

I just need us to sign Mack and another CB and I'll be good. I'm kind if indifferent on Williams returning. I definitely won't mind it but I'm more than okay going LT@12.

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I just need us to sign Mack and another CB and I'll be good. I'm kind if indifferent on Williams returning. I definitely won't mind it but I'm more than okay going LT@12.

I just don't want to have to take, say, Rashawn Slater instead of whichever top 5 sort of position player or QB falls. Say, Devonta Smith or JaMarr Chase or Kyle Pitts or Justin Fields or Caleb Farley- I'd want any of those dudes first. I like Slater, but he's a 10th overall sort of player - he's Jonah Williams, who went earlier than that, but it was a bad draft class. I want a special athlete that we can't get again in the next five years if we are good as we should be. Slater is incredibly technically sound and can move, but is going to face some serious length differential all of the time in the NFL. Chase Young ran down the center of Slater hoping to use that leverage advantage, but more seasoned NFL pass rushers are going to use that length advantage in more creative ways. Long arm with dip, chop when you short set too often. Now, Slater is going to be pretty good in my opinion because his hand placement is so good and he mirrors well, but pretty good isn't a top of the line NFL starter at an important position. I think there will be dudes in the draft where we pick that have that as a good chunk of their range of outcomes.