2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

20 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Honestly wouldn’t be against it depending on the price. I’m a JuJu fan. If he gets what I think he will though I want no part in it. With what NE gave Agholor I don’t see any way JuJu would be worth what he’ll get paid. Only saving grace may be these last two seasons he’s out together.

JuJu could be everything Bourne was and wasn't. I think he'd do well in Shanny's system. But I don't think he's willing to take a prove it type of deal. And I wouldn't be comfortable making him our highest paid WR because he isn't a #1. But for the right price I would love the fit. 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

JuJu could be everything Bourne was and wasn't. I think he'd do well in Shanny's system. But I don't think he's willing to take a prove it type of deal. And I wouldn't be comfortable making him our highest paid WR because he isn't a #1. But for the right price I would love the fit. 

Well to make him our highest paid receiver wouldn’t take much at this point, but I definitely get what you’re saying. I think he’d be a tremendous fit in our offense. It seems like many are pretty cool on him at this point so maybe it’s possible, but I still expect us to be priced out. Hopefully the fact that we are reportedly in on him doesn’t mean we lost the battle to bring Trent back.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes sense...but I'm curious if they are looking to do this in addition to Trent, or if they are out. 

I know that we didnt get Linsley, so its a moot point, but there is a very simple solution to this equation, and that is to have a QB who doesnt cost 25m against the cap

I am going to continue to bring this up until hes off the team or until we restructure, but Jimmy needs to take a paycut. 

Jameis got 12m for one year. Thats basically right where garoppolo should be. With the cap going down 17m, lets reduce his cap hit by 10m+ without tying ourselves to him long term. 

I take these corner signings, plus an eventual trent signing to mean that we are free to go QB in round 1. Thats my take on what we have done so far. Give trent garoppolo's money and go draft a QB lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also, I'm out on Juju unless he's taking Bourne's deal. Too much of his worth comes from the slot to make him worth more to me

Juju would be fine here, especially with Jimmy but I'm looking for a Perriman type of receiver for cheap. Very good value there. 

Just now, Ninerholic said:

Is Marvin Jones still out there or did someone snag him up?

Still out there. I've been a marvin jones Stan for a while. Always liked his game. Think he can manage one more good deal out of our price range, but I'd happily pay for him

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Hope (yannick) stays motivated idk why I feel like this is going to blow up in there face. 

probably because the raiders havent gotten good value out of a FA signing since.... jerry rice? lol 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Still out there. I've been a marvin jones Stan for a while. Always liked his game. Think he can manage one more good deal out of our price range, but I'd happily pay for him

Agreed I was hoping we’d draft him coming out of Cal. I think if we roll with Jimmy his skill set will be wasted. He’s 31 and at this point by the time we get a QB who will throw it deep he’ll probably be damn near done. I’d definitely be on board if we could somehow land Watson, but even if we draft a QB in the first this year (I sincerely hope we do if the right guy is there), they probably won’t play this year. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a slot. I'm not overpaying that. 

OH YEAH? WELL WHAT ABOUT A FULLBACK, WOULD YOU OVERPAY FOR ONE OF THOSE?

HOW ABOUT AN INJURY PRONE DE? MAYBE YOUD LIKE AN INJURY PRONE LB?? NO? WELL TAKE TWO OF THEM IN THAT CASE!! 

• Like 2