2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

48 minutes ago, N4L said:

I know that we didnt get Linsley, so its a moot point, but there is a very simple solution to this equation, and that is to have a QB who doesnt cost 25m against the cap

I am going to continue to bring this up until hes off the team or until we restructure, but Jimmy needs to take a paycut. 

Jameis got 12m for one year. Thats basically right where garoppolo should be. With the cap going down 17m, lets reduce his cap hit by 10m+ without tying ourselves to him long term. 

I take these corner signings, plus an eventual trent signing to mean that we are free to go QB in round 1. Thats my take on what we have done so far. Give trent garoppolo's money and go draft a QB lol

I think we're waiting for the draft to make a financial decision on Jimmy. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Fitz to Washington. 

I feel like we will sign trubs 

Call me crazy, but I am in on trubs 

He will be very, very cheap. I'm talking 2 years 7 million or something with little/no guaranteed money. Any more than that and I am OUT

I said a few years ago that he was a one read QB. Well, we operate within an offense that gets the first read open a lot 

He is mobile enough run away from whoever McStinky tries to block on the right lmao 

Mainly for me it's about the money. If we can get him for 2-3m, we can save 21m on Garoppolo, then we can use that money on Trent and a guard, then go draft a QB 

It would be admitting to a transition year, so we may not do it, but personally I cannot live with having Jimmy cost 25m against the cap this season and I would like to avoid pushing any dead money into future years if we can

AND if he starts 16 games for us and sucks, then great, we now have a high pick to get a QB if we didn't already draft one 

Edited by N4L

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I think we're waiting for the draft to make a financial decision on Jimmy. 

Yeah, that's how I feel too, and IF we can re-sign Trent, then we just got our corners and our tackles in order and would be free to take a QB. 

We would still need a tackle, and we would still need corner depth, but they wouldn't be such needs that would force us to take either position in the first 

Even if we don't save the money with Garoppolo until after the draft, meaning we can't use the money on any FAs to make us better this year (outside of Warner extension) that space would still roll over 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Call me crazy, but I am in on trubs 

He will be very, very cheap. I'm talking 2 years 7 million or something with little/no guaranteed money. Any more than that and I am OUT

I said a few years ago that he was a one read QB. Well, we operate within an offense that gets the first read open a lot 

He is mobile enough run away from whoever McStinky tries to block on the right lmao 

Mainly for me it's about the money. If we can get him for 2-3m, we can save 21m on Garoppolo, then we can use that money on Trent and a guard, then go draft a QB 

It would be admitting to a transition year, so we may not do it, but personally I cannot live with having Jimmy cost 25m against the cap this season and I would like to avoid pushing any dead money into future years if we can

AND if he starts 16 games for us and sucks, then great, we now have a high pick to get a QB if we didn't already draft one 

I'm in on Trubs but as a back-up ONLY to start. He needs to be proped up and rebuilt. I don't want to throw him into fire as the starter off rip. He needs at least a year to sit, take the pressure off and just learn and absorb information. As a backup I have no problem spending that money on him. The backup QB needs to be upgraded in the worst way, no matter who's the starter. If he has to play due ro injury, so be it. But I think coming in with no pressure, in a back-up role would suit us more. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1