2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Call me crazy, but I am in on trubs 

He will be very, very cheap. I'm talking 2 years 7 million or something with little/no guaranteed money. Any more than that and I am OUT

I said a few years ago that he was a one read QB. Well, we operate within an offense that gets the first read open a lot 

He is mobile enough run away from whoever McStinky tries to block on the right lmao 

Mainly for me it's about the money. If we can get him for 2-3m, we can save 21m on Garoppolo, then we can use that money on Trent and a guard, then go draft a QB 

It would be admitting to a transition year, so we may not do it, but personally I cannot live with having Jimmy cost 25m against the cap this season and I would like to avoid pushing any dead money into future years if we can

AND if he starts 16 games for us and sucks, then great, we now have a high pick to get a QB if we didn't already draft one 

If we get Mitch, IMO it's only as a back up. He is not better than Jimmy. We are trying to win now aren't we? Taking a step back at qb does not help us do that. I would rather draft a qb at some point. Mitch held the Bears back. We don't need that. As far as Jimmy's salary, anyone think there is a chance that he restructures?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I like K'wuan but this better be a team friendly deal. Alot of slot guys on the market that could fit our scheme that won't command much. Don't want to get into a bidding war with the Jets. 

Lol I really wish they would at least include the player first initial in these tweets. I took that to mean Trent Williams, but he was taking about CBs as well.

Just now, GW21 said:

Lol I really wish they would at least include the player first initial in these tweets. I took that to mean Trent Williams, but he was taking about CBs as well.

I guess that wouldn’t help when we traded for D. Watson though. There would be a riot when we found out it was Dakota Watson.

I love it!!!!!!

Honestly, Henry/Smith is a pretty ridiculous duo. They are definitely taking a QB in the first round but the weapons have certainly improved even though the receivers can get better.

Harry will also likely be on the move. I can't see him staying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I love it!!!!!!

Honestly, Henry/Smith is a pretty ridiculous duo. They are definitely taking a QB in the first round but the weapons have certainly improved even though the receivers can get better.

Harry will also likely be on the move. I can't see him staying.

I'd take Harry for a Day 3 pick. He would absolutely thrive in the slot here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I mean what if we already have a deal in place but if we draft or trade for Watson. They have a great relationship with each other. And on patriots end if they don't get Jimmy then they can draft Mac Jones who fits right in with how there building the team.

• Like 1