2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If we get a rookie or Watson, then yeah we're flipping Jimmy. Hopefully for the rumored deal as before, #46 & Gilmore. 

With the cap savings from Jimmy, we could do an extension for Gilmore. 

I go back and forth on whether we'll keep Jimmy or not. On the one hand, the reliable reporters (Maiocco, Rappaport) have been consistent that we'll keep Jimmy. OTOH, the team could be keeping things very quiet and/or strategically leaking to reporters that they'll keep Jimmy. And if keeping Jimmy was a done deal we would have restructured him instead of Richburg & Ford. 

I'm guessing the team is waiting to see how the draft goes. If we cant get a prospect we like or Watson is way too expensive than we'll roll with Jimmy

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So have about 20M in cap space. Can extend Tomlinson soon to free up a few more million. Even with setting aside to pay the rookies, the team is in a solid spot. 

Just fyi, this doesn't include Dee's restructure

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

If we get a rookie or Watson, then yeah we're flipping Jimmy. Hopefully for the rumored deal as before, #46 & Gilmore. 

With the cap savings from Jimmy, we could do an extension for Gilmore. 

I go back and forth on whether we'll keep Jimmy or not. On the one hand, the reliable reporters (Maiocco, Rappaport) have been consistent that we'll keep Jimmy. OTOH, the team could be keeping things very quiet and/or strategically leaking to reporters that they'll keep Jimmy. And if keeping Jimmy was a done deal we would have restructured him instead of Richburg & Ford. 

I truly think this team is waiting to see how the draft goes. If we cant get a prospect we like or Watson is way too expensive than we'll roll with Jimmy

There hasn't been any reason to restructure his deal yet. I don't think they trade him if they land the rookie QB they want, but they will obviously trade him or get rid of him if they can get Watson.