2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think we will have our choice of the corner we want or even someone like Pitts. Question is would Slater drop to #12?

I think it's likely teams like Miami, ATL, and Philly may trade back a bit to a team looking to move up for a QB. Should be a really fun draft night. 

Looks like Takk McKinley signed with the Browns. I was a little put off by his weird tweets last year after he kept getting cut, but I was willing to kick the tires on him assuming he is healthy. Oh well, onto the next.  

If Trent signs with KC, I hope we don't settle for someone in free agency. It's okay, tough loss but this is a deep tackle class. Move up some if you need to, but address it in the draft. Very good talents available. But then you need to almost sign Andrews or Hudson. Still can make out fine if you play your cards right here. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Trent signs with KC, I hope we don't settle for someone in free agency. It's okay, tough loss but this is a deep tackle class. Move up some if you need to, but address it in the draft. Very good talents available. But then you need to almost sign Andrews or Hudson. Still can make out fine if you play your cards right here. 

I don't mind if we sign someone at tackle. Reiff actually has played LT for the vikings the last 4 years, so there's that. Also, when Brandon Brooks tore his ACL in january, he was back by the start of the season for Philly, so possible that Fisher would be ready to go and you know he wouldn't cost much. If they are getting one of those type of guys along with someone like Hudson, I think it's fine. If they also want to sign William Jackson instead of going tackle, they can do that as well. If we lose Trent, I'm not overly picky on what they do positionally speaking. 

59 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Guess there won't be a deal today.

Since he hasn't signed anywhere, i'm guessing the other contenders (Chiefs, Colts) aren't budging over $20M either. If they were, i think he would have signed with them by now. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't mind if we sign someone at tackle. Reiff actually has played LT for the vikings the last 4 years, so there's that. Also, when Brandon Brooks tore his ACL in january, he was back by the start of the season for Philly, so possible that Fisher would be ready to go and you know he wouldn't cost much. If they are getting one of those type of guys along with someone like Hudson, I think it's fine. If they also want to sign William Jackson instead of going tackle, they can do that as well. If we lose Trent, I'm not overly picky on what they do positionally speaking. 

Reiff is okay, but I rather just draft Darrishaw or Slater. Reiff isn't elevating the OL and will be pretty costly.

I'm fine with getting someone like Jackson with the extra cap space. 

But just take care of a big need before the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dalton to the Bears for 10 million lol. 

Jesus. 

Looks like that is just the going rate right now for back up QBs who have chances to start or be bridge QBs.

When the Texans trade Watson, at least for next season they will go with Taylor...Makes sense. They don't need to replace Watson with their future franchise QB this year. Can wait until next season. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Tyrod to.....Texans for up to 12.5 for 1 year. 

We should be patient with the back up market. Trubs at this point isn't an awful back up and I'd much rather take him at 3 than any of these guys for nearly 10. 

You are no long a reliable source...You told me Marvin Jones was going to the Rams! Instead he is heading to Jacksonville! 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You are no long a reliable source...You told me Marvin Jones was going to the Rams! Instead he is heading to Jacksonville! 

I got it from Ian! He told me AB was going to be a Bill! I thought he was reliable!