2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I am not ready for this to happen

Hes going to make us regret letting him walk. He is going to cause our fanbase pain for being so hard on him as well. 

uggghhhh I can see it already. Stay away seattle! 

Even if Spoon turns out to be great going forward, I feel like we're one of the few teams who will make him look bad. Throw the ball to the flats and just watch try to tackle our guys. When he ends up face to face with Deebo, that's 15 extra yards right there. I think Spoon would have been better off out of the division. But I guess he wants to stick it to us. I think it will blow up in his face.

26 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I wish Witherspoon went to a team outside of the division. I have this horrible feeling he's going to figure out his consistency issues now that he's on the Seahawks. The biggest issue may have been his personality meshing with Shanny. Shanahan doesn't hold back on players from what I've seen and certainly doesn't coddle them. I think Pettis probably fell victim to being a guy with kind of a sensitive demeanor that didn't take Shanahan's style too well. I think Witherspoon might have been a player with a similar personality to someone like Pettis. Maybe I'm digging into the psychology of it a little too much, but I could see Carroll's coaching style working well with Witherspoon. 

Like Shanahan said, the way he responded end of the year and the way he worked to get his opportunity speaks well for his future. Carroll is a DBs coach guru and can make it work with almost anyone. Spoon is going to be good for Seattle but no need to get upset about it. Just didn't work out here but he did have some chances to shine before last season. I agree last year he got screwed and flat out disrespected but it is what it is. Shanny's doghouse is undefeated! 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Michael Lombardi said the rumors are that Watson doesn't want to play in Miami or NY, but rather wants to play in Denver or San Francisco.

Well, if true, obviously the organization would know that. But the question is if an offer can be made to get the Texans attention. 

I’ve seen this as well. I’m really confused why Denver is an attractive situation for him. He’s from the east coast and Denver really hasn’t shown anything since Manning was there. Their defense is no where as good as it once was. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the weapons they have at receiver & TE and that Bolles is finally playing at a high level. Maybe he wants to play Mahomes twice a year to prove he is better or something. 

15 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’ve seen this as well. I’m really confused why Denver is an attractive situation for him. He’s from the east coast and Denver really hasn’t shown anything since Manning was there. Their defense is no where as good as it once was. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the weapons they have at receiver & TE and that Bolles is finally playing at a high level. Maybe he wants to play Mahomes twice a year to prove he is better or something. 

Broncos weapons are stacked and they are a stable organization. Until now, they were rock solid for damn near two decades. 

I'm just surprised he doesn't want to go to Miami. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't see it with the Bears.

So the Colts are trying to make a push for Williams after all, eh? 

Chiefs are definitely a threat, especially if the offer is close. 

Just pay him the $23M. Backload it and then go after Hudson.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Broncos weapons are stacked and they are a stable organization. Until now, they were rock solid for damn near two decades. 

I'm just surprised he doesn't want to go to Miami. 

Idk about all that. They’ve been pretty bad outside of those few years with Manning. They do have weapons, but their defense has fallen off in a big way in the last couple of years and I think Elway’s promotion was a way to maintain their positive relationship with a Denver legend while making a change with Paton. I think, if it wasn’t for John Elway’s importance to the legacy of this franchise, he would have just been fired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Idk about all that. They’ve been pretty bad outside of those few years with Manning. They do have weapons, but their defense has fallen off in a big way in the last couple of years and I think Elway’s promotion was a way to maintain their positive relationship with a Denver legend while making a change with Paton. I think, if it wasn’t for John Elway’s importance to the legacy of this franchise, he would have just been fired. 

Taking the last four years post-Manning, they literally had FOUR losing seasons since 1991. Trust me, there's not many organizations better and more stable than the Broncos. We have had almost as many losing seasons in the last five years as the Broncos have had in the last 30 years lol. 

That's a good organization right there and LIS, the weapons are stacked.  

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I've gotten varying reports on that. That is how I have always treated it, however. That's who we ended up getting like 13 million in space a couple of weeks ago 

I have been meaning to ask you about this black magic 13m in space we suddenly had. This makes a ton of sense. Any idea which players didnt reach their incentives?