2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Taking the last four years post-Manning, they literally had FOUR losing seasons since 1991. Trust me, there's not many organizations better and more stable than the Broncos. We have had almost as many losing seasons in the last five years as the Broncos have had in the last 30 years lol. 

That's a good organization right there and LIS, the weapons are stacked.  

Why would you take out the post Manning years though. That is a greater indication of how this team is doing now, and they’ve had just as many lost seasons in the last five years since Manning left as they had from 1991-2011 (pre-Manning). I mentioned in my original post regarding this that the weapons would be attractive, so I have no arguments with you there, but this is a ‘what have you done for me lately?’ league, and Denver hasn’t done much in my eyes. 

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What he prefers right now won't be what he ends up conceding to eventually.

Fine to play hard ball now but I believe if the Texans tell him either he is sitting out or going to Carolina, he will go to Carolina. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

lol what? 

maybe we could trade him for a first round pick in 2099 or something absurd like that

I have never seen this type of deal in my life. Why the FFFF would we ever agree to this? 

Baffling 

Just now, GW21 said:

Why would you take out the post Manning years though. That is a greater indication of how this team is doing now, and they’ve had just as many lost seasons in the last five years since Manning left as they had from 1991-2011 (pre-Manning). I mentioned in my original post regarding this that the weapons would be attractive, so I have no arguments with you there, but this is a ‘what have you done for me lately?’ league, and Denver hasn’t done much in my eyes. 

I literally said up until recently, which they have been bad. But you can add the last four losing seasons and that's only one less than us. Total of 8 losing seasons in the last 30 years. That's pretty damn good. Compared to us who have had 8 losing seasons in the last 13 years. Big difference. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I literally said up until recently, which they have been bad. But you can add the last four losing seasons and that's only one less than us. Total of 8 losing seasons in the last 30 years. That's pretty damn good. Compared to us who have had 8 losing seasons in the last 13 years. Big difference. 

You did say up until now. Your post seem to suggest that because they were a rock solid franchise for 20 years previously that they still were. If I misread that, that’s on me. The downward trend of this team started when Manning left, but at that point Pat Bowlen’s health was failing (lost control of the team in 2013) and they haven’t done anything since. Elway took over as GM in 2011 and while he did make a couple of good moves -drafting Von and bringing in DeMarcus Ware - he had a lot of help from Manning. Oh and one of Pat Bowlen’s daughters is suing Joe Ellis and the board of trustees for controlling interest in the team. It probably doesn’t really matter as I doubt we land Watson anyway, but I don’t see the Broncos as a more stable organization than us. I think, at this point, we are a far more well run organization. 

43 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

Why none in the first round? With Ford most likely not playing, it is a need.

Because there are none really worthy of the selection. Don't reach for need. Top of this edge class isn't good. Middle rounds is your bread and butter

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Because there are none really worthy of the selection. Don't reach for need

I think if we trade down with a QB needy team in the 19-20 range there are a few guys worthy of a first round pick. Rousseau is risky but his upside is insane, Ojulari could be solid value in the second half of the first as well. Jalen Phillips is also interesting, but I’m not a fan of his injury history and he retirement in college.

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think if we trade down with a QB needy team in the 19-20 range there are a few guys worthy of a first round pick. Rousseau is risky but his upside is insane, Ojulari could be solid value in the second half of the first as well. Jalen Phillips is also interesting, but I’m not a fan of his injury history and he retirement in college.

Yeah, but honestly, I'm not sure I have 20 first rounders in this class. I think there's a pretty big drop off for me from 12 to 20 (potentially). I'ts going to be really close. I keep waffling on some guys