2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Well that doesn’t bode well for us. Still don’t know how KC can manage to make that work. 

If spotrac is accurate, they have the 9th highest cap space in the nfl. They have 30 million available, double what we have

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If spotrac is accurate, they have the 9th highest cap space in the nfl. They have 30 million available, double what we have

Yeah I know that they have the cap space, but I don’t understand how. Yes I know they restructured their big name guys, but if they can do it why can’t we? I understand now wanting to restructure Jimmy, but couldn’t we restructure George and clear some space or something like that? 

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well who wouldn't want to go play with Mahomes and eat all that BBQ? Can't blame Trent if he wants to dip. 

Yeah, but Kansas City sucks outside of Mahomes and the BBQ. Nobody actually wants to live in KC.

Just now, GW21 said:

Yeah I know that they have the cap space, but I don’t understand how. Yes I know they restructured their big name guys, but if they can do it why can’t we? I understand now wanting to restructure Jimmy, but couldn’t we restructure George and clear some space or something like that? 

Not really. It was pretty much just Jimmy and dee. Kittle doesn't even make 2m this year. 

AA and Ward make about 14 between them, but I think the niners don't want to touch those. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not really. It was pretty much just Jimmy and dee. Kittle doesn't even make 2m this year. 

AA and Ward make about 14 between them, but I think the niners don't want to touch those. 

Well that’s lame. I’m not a big fan of getting boxed into a corner and being forced to draft for need, but if that’s the way it has to be then at least we can focus our attention on some other players on the market. Like @TecmoSuperJoe said, it’s hard to blame him if he wants to go to KC. My reasoning is that he’s been on garbage Washington teams for 7 years and then finally gets traded to a team that was just in the super bowl and we implode. I’m sure he wants to be on a winner and be paid as the best OT in the NFL. It sounds like KC is willing to make that happen.

Just now, GW21 said:

Well that’s lame. I’m not a big fan of getting boxed into a corner and being forced to draft for need, but if that’s the way it has to be then at least we can focus our attention on some other players on the market. Like @TecmoSuperJoe said, it’s hard to blame him if he wants to go to KC. My reasoning is that he’s been on garbage Washington teams for 7 years and then finally gets traded to a team that was just in the super bowl and we implode. I’m sure he wants to be on a winner and be paid as the best OT in the NFL. It sounds like KC is willing to make that happen.

Honestly... I'm not going to be heartbroken if we put the money to good use. If we sign two high quality guys, I'm good. My problem would be if we took that money and signed 5 rotational guys lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Looks like they landed Jamal Williams on a very reasonable deal as well.

That was a signing just for signings sake. Does not move the needle whatsoever. 

Detroit will have the #1 overall pick next year imo