2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

Now we need to re-sign Garland who is a very solid backup. 

I'd be fine with Tartt re-signing but honestly I think the team is committed to the Ward/Moore duo and Moore actually unleashes Ward's all around game. Since Moore can play single high and has a lot of range, Ward is able to get closer to the LOS where he is a force. Ward can play FS as shown in 2019, but really that kind of limits his versatility. But since Tartt is so good when he is on the field, no one would be disappointed in seeing him return. And besides, we can run a bunch of three safety looks.

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

The roster is really poised for a falling Waddle, Smith, Chase, Pitts. They would eat Bourne snaps. Or a boundary corner like Surtain and Farley. One of those six is probably the most valuable player on the board when we pick, so I'm ecstatic.

Oh, don't get me wrong, if we can get one of those guys, that would be a game changer. I'm just expecting an edge in round one or a CB. Surtain/Farley/Horn all may be there at #12 so that's really good for us. 

I just love we are going into the draft without HAVING to draft a certain position at #12. If Trent walked, then you could bet your a$$ that OT would have been our first round selection and teams would know that. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, if we can get one of those guys, that would be a game changer. I'm just expecting an edge in round one or a CB. Surtain/Farley/Horn all may be there at #12 so that's really good for us. 

I just love we are going into the draft without HAVING to draft a certain position at #12. If Trent walked, then you could bet your a$$ that OT would have been our first round selection and teams would know that. 

You're not wrong, this front office hasn't been too interested in early corners and we do have a talented receiver room - it just isn't weapons grade deadly yet and every one of our best weapons will be in and out of the lineup over the season. They love early defensive linemen; I wouldn't be surprised by Kwity Paye. I also wouldn't be surprised by a big QB trade up. This roster is loaded for bear now with contracts and talent. It is primed to surround and support a rookie QB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

You're not wrong, this front office hasn't been too interested in early corners and we do have a talented receiver room - it just isn't weapons grade deadly yet and every one of our best weapons will be in and out of the lineup over the season. They love early defensive linemen; I wouldn't be surprised by Kwity Paye. I also wouldn't be surprised by a big QB trade up. This roster is loaded for bear now with contracts and talent. It is primed to surround and support a rookie QB. 

This and we can move on from Jimmy's contract.

12 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, with Warner's and Bosa's extensions coming up, perfect time to have a rookie QB on a cheap deal. For next season though, I don't see them getting rid of Jimmy for anyone but Watson. Shanny/Lynch know this is still a SB roster and they don't want to risk throwing a rookie out there in year one, especially in that complicated offensive system. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, with Warner's and Bosa's extensions coming up, perfect time to have a rookie QB on a cheap deal. For next season though, I don't see them getting rid of Jimmy for anyone but Watson. Shanny/Lynch know this is still a SB roster and they don't want to risk throwing a rookie out there in year one, especially in that complicated offensive system. 

I could really see a Mahomes situation where Jimmy runs it back as a lame duck with Mac Jones or Fields or Lance or whomever as the insurance policy/future and then 2022 is the switchover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I could really see a Mahomes situation where Jimmy runs it back as a lame duck with Mac Jones or Fields or Lance or whomever as the insurance policy/future and then 2022 is the switchover. 

This has been my preference all offseason. Shanny's offense is complex. Let a rookie come in and sit behind Jimmy then dump him in '22, or trade him if he can rehab some of his value. 

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Possible, but the thing is all the QBs may be gone by time we get to #12. So will the team be willing to give up future compensation to trade up? Will have no choice really. 

They will slow play it and wait on Watson first. Obviously with him, you can sacrifice someone like Warner or Bosa as he is a franchise QB for the next 10 or so years. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Possible, but the thing is all the QBs may be gone by time we get to #12. So will the team be willing to give up future compensation to trade up? Will have no choice really. 

They will slow play it and wait on Watson first. Obviously with him, you can sacrifice someone like Warner or Bosa as he is a franchise QB for the next 10 or so years. 

With Watson, you also probably need to sacrifice one of those guys capwise anyways. Probably Bosa. 

As Watson explained in his Tuesday night tweet regarding the situation, Buzbee has “made a baseless six-figure settlement demand.” It’s not uncommon for efforts to be made to try to resolve a claim before filing it. However, when pre-suit settlement efforts fail, the lawsuit usually follows.

Per a source with knowledge of the allegations made in pre-litigation settlement efforts, the masseuse claims that Watson asked for her to massage “inappropriate areas.” She felt uncomfortable about the request, she asked him to leave, and he left.

As the source put it, Watson contends the allegations are false. Even if the allegations are taken as true, what’s the claim? In pre-suit communications, there has been no claim that Watson touched the masseuse or that he even made lewd comments. The allegation is that “some” of the places he wanted massaged made her uncomfortable.

The next step will be for a lawsuit to be filed. If it’s been filed, the next step becomes having the lawsuit officially served on Watson. At that point, the legal process will commence, and it potentially will result in a trial. If, however, the allegations don’t extend beyond the mere request for a massage of an “inappropriate area” (which Watson denies) and nothing more, there’s a chance the whole thing gets thrown out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/17/masseuse-contends-deshaun-watson-asked-for-inappropriate-areas-to-be-massaged/

Seriously get out!!!!!

Just now, JIllg said:

With Watson, you also probably need to sacrifice one of those guys capwise anyways. Probably Bosa. 

Yep, that's why just trading one away isn't going to hurt you that much...since it is inevitable anyways. 

I LOVE Bosa, but I will die on the hill of saying Warner>Bosa for this defense. I may be a lone wolf, but I don't care. Coverage wins in this league and dude is a CYBORG at the LB position. Hope Warner isn't the one heading to Houston if a trade is made and I don't think he will be.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, that's why just trading one away isn't going to hurt you that much...since it is inevitable anyways. 

I LOVE Bosa, but I will die on the hill of saying Warner>Bosa for this defense. I may be a lone wolf, but I don't care. Coverage wins in this league and dude is a CYBORG at the LB position. Hope Warner isn't the one heading to Houston if a trade is made and I don't think he will be.

Warner at half the APY certainly is. Bosa would be in line for his brother's contract in an up cap year and while the market dictates that for edge rushers, it probably isn't a good investment. I'm all for getting your coverage players in free agency and rerolling pass rushers every year in the draft - not only does pass rushing translate more consistently college to the NFL - pass rushers are also overvalued currently in free agency. Really valuable position! Not low end top half QB money valuable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Also, don't count out trading McGlinchey before or right at the draft either. I mean his 5th year option can be picked up for next year and you don't need to extend him just yet, but he's going to get a good deal soon enough. Can get ahead of the pack and just move him for a pick and draft his replacement. 

These are the types of moves you just have to make when you have a stacked roster and want to be in win now mode. Pats did this for years. 

• Like 1